Top 10 things to do in Thailand

In for a day or a decade, what is there to do?
funshowriter
Articles: 0

Re: Top 10 things to do in Thailand

Post by funshowriter »

I have heard a lot of good things about the Grand palace and the golden triangle. A family member who visited Thailand last summer said being in those places was an unforgettable experience. I must confess that the pictures of herself she took trying Thai cuisines has got me fixated on Thailand. I will most definitely be there someday.
OlaSidiq

Post by OlaSidiq »

You've got a nice list. Most people that I have spoken with usually have a good experience with the elephants. Most camps will allow you to bath them play with them, some visitors will even try to talk to them. It is funny but true. Have fun.
xyrelle

Post by xyrelle »

The Grand Palace
This beautiful gold-tipped series of buildings is over 200 years old, and perhaps Bangkok's most famous destination. Yes, it can feel like a tourist trap, but the complex's history and grandeur is palpable: since 1782, it has been the official residence of the Kings of Siam (and later Thailand).While you're there, don't miss the Emerald Buddha and nearby Wat Pho, which is home to the largest reclining Buddha in Thailand. Another must see is Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn, which is stunning from a distance and intriguing close up, with its mosaic detailing, as you climb to the top. Make sure you follow our 7 etiquette tips for travelling in Thailand, to ensure you don't offend local customs.
At night, the Grand Palace is illuminated, and although you'll likely still encounter the crowds, it's a very romantic experience.
The Golden Triangle
The point where the Mekong River meets the Ruak River is known locally as Sop Ruak, but to the rest of the world it's the Golden Triangle: the point at which Burma/Myanmar, Laos and Thailand meet.
An elephant experience
Island hopping
Thailand has over 5,000 miles of coastline just waiting to be explored. Travel by long-tail boat and discover as many beaches and islands as possible. See Phang Nga Bay and the limestone rocks that are so famously photographed off Thailand's west coast, or island hop in the Andaman Sea off of Phuket and Krabi. Here's you'll discover white-sand beaches and abundant snorkelling on Ko Phi Phi Lee and Ko Phi Phi Don. Want to capture some fantastic shots while you're snorkelling? See our expert guide to underwater photography.The elephant is Thailand’s national symbol and a revered animal, and there are plenty of ways to encounter or work with the animals all over the country.
xyrelle

Post by xyrelle »

25 Best Things to Do in Thailand
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn

Thailand is the number one tourist location in South East Asia, and it is easy to see why. Best known for its breath-taking beaches, its stunning temples and the modern urban sprawl that is Bangkok, it is a country where getting bored is just not an option.

From the moment you step of the plane to the time you leave you will be surrounded by some of the friendliest, down to earth and genuine people that you could want to meet. It’s easy to see why Thailand is often called the ‘Land of Smiles’.

The problem for any visitor to Thailand is narrowing down your list of things to do, there are countless attractions and hot spots I could put on this list but I narrowed it down to the top 25 things to do in Thailand:

1. Visit the Grand Palace
Grand Palace
Source: Flickr
Grand Palace
Set in the heart of Bangkok this is probably the most famous attraction there is. For 150 years the palace was home to the king, his court, and the entire government of Thailand as well as the Royal Mint. With an area of 218,400 sq. meters there is so much to see and do, you will not be disappointed. In 1782 huge walls were built around the palace and offices to make it the attraction it is today, please note that a strict dress code is in place at the palace so you will need to dress in appropriate clothing or entry will be refused.