Thai Meals and total cost per day?

Transportation, accommodation, food, clothes and everyday things
fishmonk
Articles: 0

Re: Thai Meals and total cost per day?

Post by fishmonk »

Thai food is generally pretty appetizing. Like many others have mentioned, 60 to 120 Baht is pretty normal. I personally feel that the portions are smaller than usual. This is the reason why I would recommend you guys to go for snacks as well. They do have some pretty great snacks and desserts. Budget is usually not a problem for me when I visit Thailand as it's pretty affordable. However, some people might not be used to sour and spicy stuff.
augusta

Post by augusta »

This is an educative thread.planning of vacationing in Thailand.

I think from the comments so far,the cost of living is reasonable compared to my green country.
goldlady

Post by goldlady »

I think I am not the only person who wants to move to another country for a period of time and doesn't have a lot of money, but still wants to do it! Life cost is one of the most important things to know about the place we are intending to go to. I have heard that food can be expensive in Asia. Thanks to the ones that shared their experience here. Really helpful!
kenzenith

Post by kenzenith »

Thanks for this amazing thread about Thai foods. My colleague who is a Thai used to cook for us a meal which costs 2 dollars. I don't know if she just price it cheap for us or it's also the price in Thailand. The food is very delicious that I had to order more from what I used to eat every time. When I visit Thailand this year, I'll check out the good meals it is offering because I'm a food lover.
overcast

Post by overcast »

Street food for 3 times meals can go under 20$ a day. And depending on how you want food, it may add up on transportation cost.So I usually check for around 15$ or so for the cost. In some cases the cost of the food increases if you are in specific hotels or the food chains. I have seen that some food chains are expensive. If you don't adjust with local food then McDonalds and Dominos may cost additional. As you can see then the total cost per day would be higher.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Ol Timer wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 pm
If you are living in Thailand and not staying in tourist areas then I got some numbers for you.
1. A plate of rice and some stir fried vegetables would be 30-50 Baht.
2. A bowl of noodles and meat would be 40-60 Baht.
3. A general plate consisting of rice vegetables and meat + fried egg (yes fried eggs on everything) would be 50-80 Baht.
4. A drink would cost a 10-20 Baht.

Before you think this is all so cheap, wait. Portions in Thailand are smaller than those in Europe and North America, another thing is that the eating culture in Thailand is different, people don't just order one plate and eat it for lunch, rather they order a couple of different plates as a meal. I would say 60-120 Baht per meal is the norm.
This is descriptive enough.I think life is still great in Thailand than my country.
nnacrter

Post by nnacrter »

What are the cheapest and most delicious street foods in Thailand ?
mar06

Post by mar06 »

It doesn't matter for how much a certain meal cost as long as it's delicious. :D Yeah, actually I love eating different dishes that's why I'm pretty chubby right know. But I don't care it as long as I can eat that delicious foods. And I would love to eat those Thailand's food because there are lot of people say about Thailand foods that is great. :lol: