Street market is a haven for shoppers

Transportation, accommodation, food, clothes and everyday things
Alexandoy
Articles: 0

Street market is a haven for shoppers

Post by Alexandoy »

Our hotel is situated in the city which is a great advantage. Just a few steps and I am already in front of the street market where you can buy food and clothing including accessories. We had a great time buying ready-to-wear clothes that are so cheap. I bought 4 pairs of socks for $2 only. There were nice toys but we didn't buy because we might encounter a problem in the airport. Speaking of airport, we had to pay for excess baggage, mostly clothes. Next time, we might heed the advice to send home via courier the goods that we would buy instead of paying for excess baggage in the airport. Nice idea.
luri

Re: Street market is a haven for shoppers

Post by luri »

I love shopping at the street market because I can get things for a good bargain. Shopping at the street market especially at night time is very wonderful.However, you must also be aware that if you do not have an eye to recognize the products, it is very likely that you end up buying low-quality products on the street. I also love street food. I love to try various dishes on the street food stalls.
Dracostar1

Post by Dracostar1 »

I really am not the type to go out shopping much, but when I do I sometimes enjoy myself. I love shopping for food with good deals that are still high quality. I never been to a street market but it sounds like a fun time.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Love street market even in my country, you'll have a lot for just few dollars.I love the drills by some buyers,it gives one the bargaining power.Street market could be seen as an entity of it own because it has features that are only peculiar to street markets allover.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

I always go to street market with my local friends. Some stalls will try to mark up prices to unreasonable heights. Thanks to my friend, I did not get scammed into paying high amounts of money. It helps if you understand some Thai language too.
overcast

Post by overcast »

Clothing and food market is definitely worth going into. I think lot of street hawkers are selling corn and other food types. Though not a lot of foreigners find it healthy. But street food can be good. You just have to find out how much you are comfortable and immune to eating out. I have found that corn critters in Thailand are lot better on street. As many street hawkers are selling them. And most of them are hygienic too. So it depends on your taste as well.
Bluerose

Post by Bluerose »

I love shopping in Thailand. Although, unlike you that your hotel is just infront of the market, I need to walk a few kilometers away to go to the nearest malls and market.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

The street markets and their cultural relevance to Thailand and the Thai people, are one of the most intriguing things that I came across on my first ever trip to Thailand years ago.
jusumortal

Post by jusumortal »

Street markets in Thailand really is a heaven for shoppers. I have seen a vlog of Nuseir of Nas Daily when he went to Thailand. And he said that Thailand is a cheap country. That was a compliment right there, in case you get the wrong idea. Anyways, he said that you can find some good quality products at a low cost! That is pretty amazing.
Mario Junior

Post by Mario Junior »

Train Night Market Ratchada this is the best street market in my opinion! Amazing food, drink, music and atmosphere! Have a walk round and eat some amazing food, then walk round to the back and have a drink in one of the bars under the fairy lights and drink in the atmosphere! We loved it. We took a taxi from Khao San Road to get here. It is right behind a proper indoor shopping centre (where we ended up for 10 mins whilst it poured with rain- and used the nice toilets!)