smart ways to deal with rude people!

Blow off some steam, come in and rant
iyanpol12
Articles: 0

Re: smart ways to deal with rude people!

Post by iyanpol12 »

I have encountered a lot of rude people. Admittedly, I tend to fight back before, but I know it's not giving me any benefits. I learned to calm myself down whenever I encounter them. The best response I made towards them is remain silent. Rude people provokes you, and wanted you to talk. When I stayed silent and do not pay attention to them, it made them angry. I end up laughing at them. Anyways, all those you mentioned are right.
amitkokiladitya

Post by amitkokiladitya »

I don't have words to define how important your post is for me today. I have to face a bundle of rude people both at my house as well as the workplace. It was just today that I was really having a tough time handling them. Your post came as a blessing in disguise and helped me to figure out a solution for this problem. I will always remember all the points mentioned by you. They will definitely help me to imbibe and regain my inner strength.
NicholasMukuha

Post by NicholasMukuha »

Those are pretty good tips you have. On my part, as I was learning customer service, the procedure of dealing with rude people was summarized into four simple steps. We call it the L.A.S.T formula. L in this case stands for listen. Any time a person is communicating, they are trying to drive a point. It's good to sieve what's important, and let the non sense flow down the drain.

A, stand for apologize. This is the trickiest part, especially if you haven't wronged them. However, sometimes it's good to step down to prevent further problems. S, stands for solve. Try to politely solve the problem together with the person and lastly thank them. This is represented by the letter T. When these steps are carried out accurately, I believe this will prevent trouble and gain respect for oneself.
zolzarr

Post by zolzarr »

The smart way is to say 'excuse me' and leave. I have no time for rude people. If they cannot respect other people, they certainly do not deserve my respect.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Hope to practice those tips.Because I think people are becoming more rude by the day.No more courtesy by even one's subordinates. People just believe they can get away with bad attitudes. Well,for me I just press the ignore button and that is it.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

My grandmother always said, when someone is being rude or awful to you, to always "consider the source". Don't take it personal because, obviously the rude person has the issue and not you. Walk away if possible and do not engage the negative energy. If you have to be there, and you are stuck, then, like I said, just don't engage. They will eventually calm down if they can not get a rise out of you.
Suavecito

Post by Suavecito »

Nice post! Thanks for sharing the article you have found with us. The next time I encounter rude people I would definitely apply this tips on them so I would not be stressed to counter argue what they are trying to say. It's better to keep your mouth shut than to fuel the fire.