The Theme

Any suggestion to improve this place are welcome
jyy
Articles: 0

The Theme

Post by jyy »

I'm not trying to be a judgemental person and I realize many people do like the default theme - and there is nothing wrong with that. Nonetheless, there are many free themes at the phpBB site. Also, there are quite a number of mind-blowing themes that are premium (not located at the phpBB website).

Anyway, though, the blue theme can be a unique look itself. Also, many colors like orange or red, as in this forum, can blend in well with it.
fishmonk

Re: The Theme

Post by fishmonk »

I understand OP's feelings on this. The theme can be better. However, it is best that we have a poll with regards to the theme to see what other forums think of the current theme. I love simplicity so the current theme works for me.It is pretty easy on the eyes although it is a bit bland.
jyy

Post by jyy »

fishmonk wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 am
I understand OP's feelings on this. The theme can be better. However, it is best that we have a poll with regards to the theme to see what other forums think of the current theme. I love simplicity so the current theme works for me.It is pretty easy on the eyes although it is a bit bland.
I cannot stand people who always say things should be done the fashionable way. For instance, they might insist on a .com not a .net or .club. They might criticize the theme for massively subjective reasons - that they believe are objective.
Will IT

Post by Will IT »

jyy wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 pm
I'm not trying to be a judgemental person and I realize many people do like the default theme - and there is nothing wrong with that. Nonetheless, there are many free themes at the phpBB site. Also, there are quite a number of mind-blowing themes that are premium (not located at the phpBB website).

Anyway, though, the blue theme can be a unique look itself. Also, many colors like orange or red, as in this forum, can blend in well with it.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have actually browsed through the themes available and did not find anything striking. Our aim is to have a simple forum layout, maybe play around with the colors a bit. Perhaps We will start a poll with some samples of what the forum could look like and see what members think. Again, thank you for the suggestion.