Best hotel to lodge in Thailand

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
augusta
Articles: 0

Best hotel to lodge in Thailand

Post by augusta »

The Family is planning to vacation in Thailand.Though we have been doing our own research and we are looking at staying in either the Ambassador or the Amari Watergate hotels. But are they others that are better than these. Will appreciate input.
Bluerose

Re: Best hotel to lodge in Thailand

Post by Bluerose »

I've been only to one hotel so I don't know how to compare it to others and it is Bangkok Palace Hotel. It's a walking distance to malls and market if you prepare walking but you can ride too a tuk-tuk if you want.
kgord

Post by kgord »

I think comparing them online via Trip Advisor, Hotels.com or some other option would be your best bet. There are lots of hotels that would probably fit your needs, but finding the best one for your particular situation may be the way to go. It is just one of the ways to make sure you get what you are looking for.
pizzalover

Post by pizzalover »

Well, I would recommend you The Siam, it is an excellent hotel. It is expensive but when it comes to a hotel I always want the best.
The hotel is well located because it has easy access to the city's main temples and museums.
Wizkha2

Post by Wizkha2 »

I don't know much about hotels in Thailand, but when I travel I always use Trip Advisor, an excellent page where you can compare by any circumstances (by price, place, etc) all the hotels in the specified area, I always find the best one and have a great time without knowing the hotels in the country because Trip Advisor find it for me! :geek:
Ol Timer

Post by Ol Timer »

I can't recommend a Hotel by name. However, I'll tell you this, 5 stars doesn't mean five stars. All the star ratings are irrelevant in Thailand, my suggestion is to never book your whole trip in one place, rather book a couple of days and once you are there you will find something better and cheaper for sure. I once stayed in a "5 star hotel" that cost 3,000 Baht a day and the room had all types of things running around(including roaches). Other times I stayed in 2-3 star hotels for 600 Baht which were amazing.
augusta

Post by augusta »

I have to totally agree with you@OI Timer.we need not waste so much for so little.I don't waste time asking for a refund for bad services.I hope it will not be same.
Corzhens

Post by Corzhens »

Our first hotel in Bangkok was a mediocre one with a simple breakfast and nothing to crow about. In our last year's trip to Bangkok, we stayed in a new hotel which is the Gateway. The breakfast is not that grand but it's fine for middle class, satisfying as well. There are spas all around the place and the street market is just a few steps away. The hotel staff are all good although some couldn't understand English. Our tour guide's best bet is the Baiyoke Sky Hotel which is expensive but has a nice view of Bangkok and good breakfast too. When we come back next year, I will probably settle for the Gateway again because of the cost consideration.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

Bluerose wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 am
I've been only to one hotel so I don't know how to compare it to others and it is Bangkok Palace Hotel. It's a walking distance to malls and market if you prepare walking but you can ride too a tuk-tuk if you want.

I've heard good things about Bangkok Palace Hotel. I've also had the Hilton Sukhumvit recommended to me previously as well.