Racist Reactions of People Back Home

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
overcast
Articles: 0

Re: Racist Reactions of People Back Home

Post by overcast »

SimplyD wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:49 am

I think you are right. You just ignore those racist insinuations to avoid trouble with those people. Avoid those racists as much as possible. Don't ever talk back when they insinuate racist comments.
It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, that's true. Only the issue would be that people coming back to you who are superior and you can't ignore them. That's the thing about racism. You can't really do anything in that case. instead you'd be forced to shut up. So racism situation mostly can be controlled by being proactive. That's how it works from what I have seen.
jyy

Post by jyy »

JoeMilford wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:44 pm
I am also from the South in the United States. Racism is a prominent issue where I live, and still, even to this day, mixed-race couples still get stares and ridicule. There is a bit of racism where I am from towards Asians and middle easterners, and people talk about how they steal jobs and opportunities from whites. All of this sickens me, and it makes me sad, quite frankly, for the human race. When are going to overall transcend as a species and become better beings?
Right, and these people are always complaining that people are "too sensitive". :) Really? Well, how can anyone ignore such brutish racism? I mean, you'd have to be sort of "real wimp" to simply laugh at such put-downs, don't you think?
iyanpol12

Post by iyanpol12 »

With people acting so much lobe for themselves and disregarding other people, it would be difficult for racism to end. Hatred has been here ever since but it is increasing in an alarming level. I never been to the United States, but some of the people I knew experienced discrimination for being Asian. They were treated as if they were lower class of humans thatn those racist people.
Dracostar1

Post by Dracostar1 »

Yeah, I would just ignore it. Don't play their game or waste your time with them, racism is based out of ignorance. It would be the equivalent of arguing with a parrot that repeats the same words over and over. If however you feel that they may harm you, then maybe you should think about alerting the authorities.
TheOtherSide

Post by TheOtherSide »

I think racism is a way for people to hide their insecurities and indifference. People would actually resort to hating the other regardless of color if they feel threatened or feeling less superior. They would rather be discriminating than to accept the fact that they are insecure. Hence the strong and the wise don't discriminate and racism is not their game. We are all brothers and sisters regardless of color and country.
jyy

Post by jyy »

TheOtherSide wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 am
I think racism is a way for people to hide their insecurities and indifference. People would actually resort to hating the other regardless of color if they feel threatened or feeling less superior. They would rather be discriminating than to accept the fact that they are insecure. Hence the strong and the wise don't discriminate and racism is not their game. We are all brothers and sisters regardless of color and country.
The situation gets way tougher (for tolerant people) when the situation hits home. For instance, in my hometown, a local truck driver (nearing retirement of all things) was robbed and killed by a black man in Louisiana, USA. So, given the situation, how is it really possible to win many over with reason?
Goshen26

Post by Goshen26 »

To me, when you face racism do mot allow it weigh you down. one thing you should ensure is to make sure you are relevant in your environment, be a problem solver. Once Racists see that the solution to their problems lies in your hand, they will be ashamed, but come to you for help. Ben Carsson said; that a woman was referred to her as the only solution to her child problem, reluctantly she accepted Ben, because he was the only solution to the problem. The bottom line is BE RELEVANT.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

Sounds like some of you need to move to the city. You can meet all different types of people in some of America's biggest cities including yes, people from Thailand. Who are visiting or live/attend school here currently.