Are clothes expensive in Thailand?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
kenzenith
Articles: 0

Re: Are clothes expensive in Thailand?

Post by kenzenith »

My friend told me that there is a night market in Bangkok where you can buy cheap clothes. She said that clothes are really cheap that you will be tempted to bulk buy. She was able to grab bargain clothes and even bought me one shirt that I really like because of its design and fitting. I'll let you guys know when I visit Thailand.
SimplyD

Post by SimplyD »

iyanpol12 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:36 pm
amitkokiladitya wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 am
Thailand is a shopping hub. We get a wide variety of products and that too in every price range. It is just that you have to hit the right market that will fulfill your requirements.

I had a fun time shopping in Thailand. From clothes, electronics to fashion accessories it has the best of everything. Moreover I could easily choose from a range of quality and price in which each product was available.
Agreed! Thailand has lots of shopping outlets where you can buy cheap clothes. In fact, some Filipinos buy clothes from Bangkok and sell them in the Philippines. That's why Thailand is a highly recommended if you want to tour, and if you love shopping as well.
But of course, if there are cheap clothes and goods being sold in Thailand, there are expensive ones too just like in different places of the world.
Yes, that is true. I have a friend who have her own stall of imported clothes and one of those are from Thailand. In fact, I bought two blouses from her. I just didn't get that one with elephant print, but the other prints which when you see the designs of the cloth, you will know that it's made in Thailand. I love those blouses, even if they are a bit expensive than my other blouses just made here in the Philippines.
Thailand is one of those in my bucket list of places I would like to visit someday.
overcast

Post by overcast »

The thing is that when you go to the street shop. And when the owner realizes that you are a foreigner. Then they are going to raise the price a bit. Also in such case you can see the prices are often inflated in some regions. So you have to find out alternative places. You can try the local e-commerce sites. But those are not cheap either. So overall it can be expensive to buy clothing in Thailand. You can try your luck in some of the small town clothing shops, they may have it for cheaper than city prices.
kgord

Post by kgord »

I would think clothes would be reasonably priced in the region, but as someone mentioned, as a foreigner you might not be getting the best prices that are available for the garments. I think you would have to ask around to find shops that will give you a good deal regardless of your nationality. I imagine some amazing clothes are sold on the streets and in the shops!
Bluerose

Post by Bluerose »

Clothes are cheap in Thailand. I've been there last 2004 and it is a place good for shopping. You have variety of options you can choose when you go to the stall markets than in shopping malls.
zheh

Post by zheh »

I have many friend who says that the clothes in thailand are cheaper. And if you really want to go shopping after touring a country thailand is the place for you. They say not only clothes are good to buy but also electronics and other stuff. That's why I'm planning to visit thailand. I want to experience the beautiful place and go shopping.
SimplyD

Post by SimplyD »

kgord wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm
I would think clothes would be reasonably priced in the region, but as someone mentioned, as a foreigner you might not be getting the best prices that are available for the garments. I think you would have to ask around to find shops that will give you a good deal regardless of your nationality. I imagine some amazing clothes are sold on the streets and in the shops!
Well, because those blouses are from Thailand, they are imported. And here, when it is an imported good, it is logical that it is a bit expensive than our local one here.

I suppose we have to take into consideration the seller who went to that country to be able to buy some nice goods which she can also sell here with expensive prices. So, when I buy an imported clothing here in the Philippines, I find it just reasonable if they priced it a bit expensive than the local ones.
neiltarquin

Post by neiltarquin »

My Aunt lived in Thailand for a few years and she said everything is affordable in Thailand. Especially with their produce. If your not picky, you can buy clothes that is cheap. Well... That is coming from her and I know my aunt is thrifty, so when she say it's cheap meaning it's rock bottom price.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

This post was very informative--I am not much of a shopper, but this forum has provided me with a lot of options for acquiring attire. I think that with any consumer products one has to shop around and really look for bargains, but this is true in any country or in any market, if you ask me. There are definitely deals to be found if one is patient and savvy in his or her shopping habits.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

Not completely sure about it, but a friend went to Thailand about 2 years ago, he was carrying Euros and apparently the money exchange was pretty good for shopping. Of course he didn't buy on boutiques or malls, I'm talking about local vendors, flea markets, home made merchandise. He ended up buying a couple of dresses, 6 blouses and 2 pants for the price of 3 pieces back in Europe. Quality was ok, not excellent, but he did noticed a lot of replicas of famous brands. He also told me, merchandise is very similar around places, difference is just couple of dollars, not big deal to buy from one or another, but vendors do bargains if you ask for them.