Personal safety in Thailand

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
Rossy
Articles: 0

Personal safety in Thailand

Post by Rossy »

You will see people getting attacked and harassed in Thailand just like you see in any other developed country. We all know in today's world police are not dependable if not paid a little something. So, the best thing to do is to always be cautious of your surrounding. While at your accommodation place just check out and make sure everything is okay. Do not have late night walks in places with no security lights, these are the best hiding places for attackers.
Dracostar1

Re: Personal safety in Thailand

Post by Dracostar1 »

This is one of the reasons why I plan on getting a weapon to protect myself. There are crazy people all over the world and little justice came be done at times if you can't properly defend yourself. It really is a shame so much crime happens in the world and usually the criminal gets away with it or get a minimum sentence.
amitkokiladitya

Post by amitkokiladitya »

This is the reason why I feel that our personal safety is in our own hands. Moving out alone in unknown surroundings is like inviting danger intentionally. The risk increases as the day approaches the night.

The best resort is to avoid lonely places. If you still want to visit then always travel with a good company of friends. No country is safe and crime prevails everywhere. It is better to follow the old saying "Prevention is always better than cure."
overcast

Post by overcast »

I have noticed that almost every city where you can see a lot of population has that issue. So safety concerns are going to be there no matter what you can think. And another issue with safety is that world is going through a change. So we have to understand how the people are going to choose to react when any international or local news affects. So when you are going out in Thailand during night, make sure you have some local person around with you. And that way you can find your way around.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

I agree with a lot of the advice offered here, and staying out of dark alleys and lonely places is good advice for anyone travelling anywhere. Westerners abroad can definitely be targets, and we tend to "stand out". You have to be "street smart" wherever you go, and trust your instincts. If something feels like a risk, or a location feels unsafe, listen to that and avoid it. We all want to explore our new environments, but doing that in an unsafe way is not worth the possible discovery.
kgord

Post by kgord »

I think common sense is the rule no matter where you travel. I would stay in the tourist areas unless you are very sure you are in a safe area. Also, I would suggest a companion rather than walking alone particularly if you are a female. I doubt that Thailand is more dangerous than other areas, but it pays to take precautions.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I think you need to be cautious in any country you are in. It doesn't matter where you are, there are always going to be "bad people" that are going to want to take advantage of you in any way. So I agree common sense is the master key to avoid getting robbed or attack in your country or in any country you are visiting. Especilly if you don' know the city. I'll say the best advice is "avoid lonely places" and if you are in a crowded place just be aware of everything that's happening around you.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

Pink_Turtle wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:07 am
I think you need to be cautious in any country you are in. It doesn't matter where you are, there are always going to be "bad people" that are going to want to take advantage of you in any way. So I agree common sense is the master key to avoid getting robbed or attack in your country or in any country you are visiting. Especilly if you don' know the city. I'll say the best advice is "avoid lonely places" and if you are in a crowded place just be aware of everything that's happening around you.
This is pretty true. It does not matter whether you are in a foreign or home country, we must always be alert to protect ourselves from any danger. We cannot assume places are safe since things are unpredictable in life. We can only be careful and have preventive actions to avoid being victims of such crimes.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

I love to travel, and this is an issue every traveler should be very careful about. I have seen many tourists that literally don't obey recommendations, in order to "explore" they expose themselves, and then they blame on governments or guides. Personal safety is a matter of each one of us, there are people who will take advantage of you everywhere, doesn't matter how good or bad is the government or the security laws. Next time you are going somewhere, get informed about what to do or not, places and hours recommended, follow the instructions provided by guides or locals, and take some common sense measures. Thailand is for sure a wonderful place to be, it deserves to be visited, and if you take care you will enjoy your trip there.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Being conscious of one's environment should be a personal thing.Safety for ones self should be paramount. Be it in one's home country or in a foreign land.It very important to take precaution because they're evil people everywhere.