Balance between work and home

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
amitkokiladitya
Articles: 0

Balance between work and home

Post by amitkokiladitya »

Like every other profession, teaching demands a lot of time and energy. But, unlike other jobs, a teacher has to report to the school during the early hours of the day. This leads to rushing through every task and a morning full of hustle bustle.

The condition is more severe for all the female teachers with a family. They have to look after their kids, prepare food, get ready and rush for school. This work pressure leads to stress and irritation.

There are people like me who cannot handle work pressure easily. I get easily pissed off and remain agitated until all the things fall into place. The morning rush hours stress my life to a great extent.

What about other teachers out there? How successful are you in maintaining a balance between personal and professional responsibilities? Please share your biggest challenge in doing so.
Haristar

Re: Balance between work and home

Post by Haristar »

I used to teach students not in college but like a home tuition though. It really stresses me out because I am not a morning person and in the beginning, I found it really hard to balance between the timings. Eventually, I figured out a way and learned to manage time effectively. :)
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

Finding this balance, especially as a teacher, is one of the toughest challenges of our profession. I take my work home with me almost every night, especially when there a lot of papers and materials to grade. Also, prepping lessons and making long term lesson plans takes up tons of time as well. To be healthy, we need to definitely find a balance in our work and personal lives. I must admit, I am not yet that great at it.
augusta

Post by augusta »

I try to do things according to schedule. If you map out time properly then you wouldn't have problems.

I be at school only when I need to be there and at home when I should.I try to keep to the schedule of each,so that none will suffer.
jyy

Post by jyy »

I think a really dedicated teacher won't mind doing some homework, so to speak, just like his/her students. Nonetheless, I think at some point the teacher can catch up and finally have enough time for personal business, maybe even personal business that is fun - like say, a vacation or something.
augusta wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 am
I try to do things according to schedule. If you map out time properly then you wouldn't have problems.

I be at school only when I need to be there and at home when I should.I try to keep to the schedule of each,so that none will suffer.
That's the key in most cases. However, though, things do come up like say, accidents and the like.