How far is your workplace(school) from your home?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
Heisenberg
Articles: 0

How far is your workplace(school) from your home?

Post by Heisenberg »

We all know that some people tend to live far from the schools where they are teaching. I know a lot of people who travel a couple of hours just to to their destination (school) because they are assigned on a mountainy province and the roads are not improved yet. Sometimes they have to walk a couple of miles and have to go through some rivers and muddy roads just to get to their school - even the students as well!

Being a teacher means accepting the responsibility of being able to teach those kids because you always believe in them.
Being a teacher means you have to accept all the challenges just to share your knowledge to all your students because you are proud of them.
Pink_Turtle

Re: How far is your workplace(school) from your home?

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I used to teach English in this small school with very little population really far away from my place. It was a trip of 2 hours at least. There was enough transport but the trip was getting really tiring to make every day so I eventually -after the school year ended- gave up the position... Those kids really teach me a lot but I had to quit. I wasn't getting enough sleep - I had to be there really early in the morning- and I was a little grumpy all day because of it :? so I decided it was best to leave the position for some other teacher that lived closer to the school...
AccountingProf

Post by AccountingProf »

I'm actually just a 5 minute drive away from the university that I work for. I'm renting a place that's near. It's nice to be near your workplace because it's pretty convenient. You don't need to wake up very early in the morning. You don't need to spend long hours driving or riding the bus. If you forget something, it's very easy to just go home and grab what you forgot.

I used to travel for 45 minutes just to get to school. It was so much hassle. But now I'm more relaxed and stress free. Living near your school or workplace definitely is an advantage.
pizzalover

Post by pizzalover »

I am actually at 3 blocks from My workplace, I am lucky to have this job because it is so near from my house and I don't have to pay uber or something like that. Of course, it is a responsibility to Arrive in time as well as your students.
If I need to be at 7 am I left home at 6:30 am, It is important to give an example to your students if you don't arrive in time they won't either.
amitkokiladitya

Post by amitkokiladitya »

My school is just at a distance of 10 mins from my house. This duration is inclusive of the heavy traffic that I need to cross every day. I'm really thankful that my work place is nearby and I'm able to spare a lot of time for personal work.

This short distance commuting to work increases my job satisfaction manifolds. May be there are other schools which can offer me a better pay scale, but I'm happy with the travel convenience. I save my time as well as expense.
Mario Junior

Post by Mario Junior »

I have been studying for some time and after an evaluation exam I managed to be assigned to a school that is located 1 km away, I almost get quite fast, a great advantage besides my colleagues who sometimes even delay. Even if it were at a greater distance it would be easy for me to arrive, in my city the buses run even without my father's car. =))