Discrimination Against the Disabled, Overweight, and Non-Caucasians

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
jyy
Articles: 0

Discrimination Against the Disabled, Overweight, and Non-Caucasians

Post by jyy »

This seems to be the case in South Korea, Japan, and other places. Anyhow, does anyone feel that, given this situation, it's immoral to accept jobs in Asia? I mean, the reason given for this discrimination is often very shallow. For instance, a person could have only a mild disability or be slightly fat and get nudged over in hiring.
TheReason

Re: Discrimination Against the Disabled, Overweight, and Non-Caucasians

Post by TheReason »

It's important to remember that most Arian cultures are highly superficial and very dependant on looks and how people see you. It is only logical that they'll judge other cultures as much as they judge themselves. I wish I could tell you some kind of magic advice or anything but I don't really know. I'm not saying that they're right either. It's just they way they work.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

Discrimination has always existed, not only in Asia, everywhere in the world people would discriminate you. As an overweight person I know it well, you just need to prove to them you are better than your competition - not because you are disable, overweight, white, black, yellow, among others- but because you are prepared for the job. You need to work harder? yes, you do. But you'll end up gaining your spot because you are qualify for it not because of the color of your skin...
overcast

Post by overcast »

I don't think there is any discrimination against disabled people in Asia. I am sure there may be for non-Caucasians and overweight. The reason could be different. For example jobs that involve critical space movement may not allow the overweight people. As that could affect the work. But the discrimination against non-Caucasians is in no way justified. I am sure that needs to be brought to the attention of the local government. That is something people need to get cleared in this age of globalization.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

Well, I have a couple of friends in Hong Kong, and apparently they do discrimination. My friends are a couple, they're both from South America, but the guy has the nationality because of his parents. They decided to go and live there, and they say they have been bullied in some way. He may have the nationality, but he wasn't born there, and people at his job remind him that every single day. The girl on the other hand, has had the worst part, she is hispanic, she looks like that, and not able to find a job she is qualified for. and the reason is not justified. You may say the are holding on, but it didn't turn out to be what they expected.
augusta

Post by augusta »

This is quite sad because I think there's ability in disability. No one should be treated this way,when he/she is not having a contagious disease.

Some disabilities are natural,so do we blame them for what they know nothing about.This is really appalling and can really push one down the road of depression.
Tania997

Post by Tania997 »

Wow, this is just sad. Makes me angry and sad at the same time, I still can't believe people laugh at other people's problems, so when I hear about people discriminating.. You can imagine how that makes me feel. Those people are so ignorant, the world would be better off without them. Everyone is fighting a battle everyday, and we don't know about it. Making fun of them is just horrible.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

Well in Japan when Koreans began to immigrate and settle there they were discriminated against. Which is why many ethnic Koreans took to becoming members of the infamous Yakuza. Living outside of the law of society, while being able to hold control over those who shunned them through fear.
itsryeandsam

Post by itsryeandsam »

I believe that discrimination is no room in any part of the World. Humans are equal and should be treated with respect.
xobe

Post by xobe »

Discrimination is all over the place but for me I don't tolerate that kind of behavior. People must understand that all of us were created by God and we should respect on each other in order live in peace. No matter what your race is, weight, height or even color all of us must be fair. It's very convenient walking at any places without discrimination.