Do you use any online educational portal with your students?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
alexanderzx360
Articles: 0

Do you use any online educational portal with your students?

Post by alexanderzx360 »

Good morning everybody, I'm currently teaching probability theory a small group of students from the ages of 17-18, and I constantly need to be sending them homework and interesting study links, I'm wondering if anyone here has tried an online educational portal that could fulfill my purposes and where I can easily communicate with my students. Also if possible, a place where they can turn their homeworks and I could give out a score for each of them.

Thank you!
Pink_Turtle

Re: Do you use any online educational portal with your students?

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I don't do it. I'm sorry. The reason is that I generally teach kids who don't even own a computer themselves because they can't afford it so I just don't work with "online" homework or anything like that. How about you create a blog and upload the files or anything you need in there?
overcast

Post by overcast »

We have recently moved to the Google Classroom App. This seems to be a good option for tracking the student progress. We usually use it to notify the parents. And also there seems to be one app that helps with the grading and the progress. So that's one feature we wanted. You can also set homework and assignments from the dashboard. And it can be used to submit from that location. I think such apps and the dashboard are definitely worth it if your school or the institute decides to switch to it for management.
Rebelssis

Post by Rebelssis »

Good evening! I'm an English student, I'm actually getting my degree in teaching. My experience with these online educational portals has been good. My teachers have been using these portals with us for the last couple of years. One of the portals' name is Edmodo and it's kind of a virtual classroom where we upload our homework, the teacher gives us more information about our classes. It also has a lot of educational games. I'm looking forward to using one of these portals when I get my degree. I hope this can help you with your classes and students.