Sampling weird food

In for a day or a decade, what is there to do?
Corzhens
Articles: 0

Sampling weird food

Post by Corzhens »

Have you eaten cooked insects? We tried that on our second trip to Bangkok. Together with the 3 nephew and nieces, it was fun because eating the cooked insect being peddled in the street is a big challenge. Anyway, we bought one order and the kids started eating while in front of the camera. Frieds crickets, scorpion and some bugs don’t taste bad at all, they said. And the vendor even said that the insects are nutritious and will make you strong.
Haristar

Re: Sampling weird food

Post by Haristar »

I have never tried it but my father has tried it once when he went on a business trip to Thailand. He likes to taste everything new and different and he said it wasn't bad as he thought. He said he would get me when we go for this vacation. I have seen in videos people eating insects but I don't think I will try it. :roll:
kgord

Post by kgord »

I don't think I would have a problem eating a few fried insects, but when it comes to scorpions for something bigger, I think I would have to draw the line. I have lived this long without eating a scorpion and I think I can continue to live without consuming one. It is just one of the things I will pass on. The thick legs on the scorpion would likely make me gag.
Victoroj

Post by Victoroj »

This is one thing I'm looking forward to whenever I get to visit new places, "Foodtrip". And what more fun way to do it than eating streetfood. Not only we get to try new and exotic food but we also get to know the country's culture and history through thier food. Though eating insects and bugs is not for everyone, this is definitely one thing that I won't dare miss.
OlaSidiq

Post by OlaSidiq »

There are lots of weird food that are good for the body. Eating such food for the first time can be scary but with few health benefits, one should be able to eat such food without much problem.

There are close to 2 thousand insects that are eatable in the world.

Taking insects as an example. Insects prevent and cure obesity. Health practitioners even go to extent of saying that insects are more nutritious than meat. I am not amazed when I read that over 2 billion of the population of the world is eating insects.

Insects are readily available to eat and for the fact that the population of the world would reach 9billion by 2050 and we will need more food. Can also be used to malnutrition problems in the world. :idea:
Steve5

Post by Steve5 »

I don't think I'll ever eat insects. They may look fun, but I'm sure I'll end up feeling sick.

It sort of became a thing especially, after it became famous through TV shows. Those that demonstrate people eating exotic food. It can be entertaining in a weird way. I just wouldn't want to be the one doing it. But I know some relatives who love trying different foods. I'm sure they'll be open to trying out cooked insects if they got the chance.
JB Fernandez

Post by JB Fernandez »

I am always hyped up whenever I watched a video blog about the street foods in Thailand. There's an art in each food that made it looks so delicious. That is why I already booked a flight going there this coming June of 2018. See you Thailand and I hope to experience eating all your street foods when I get there.
ion

Post by ion »

Yeah, the crickets, It's crunchy. I tried that before, but I never look at the cricket when I ate that. In Thailand, I watched some documentary about eating insects, I hate insects, but in Thailand, It's a big industry. and I found out that, They using Insects powder as flour. and they produce tons of insects and exported it around the world.
trendjing

Post by trendjing »

I haven’t tried eating insects when I went there. At first, before coming to Thailand, I challenged myself to eat it, anyway, it is just like the exotic food in our country, which is the Balut, but when there’s the food cart coming, it’s as if my stomach turned over just by looking at those. They said it was delicious and healthy. I agree on that, because I also did my research. Still, I didn’t dare to taste a single bite to it. I salute all those who enjoyed eating different kinds of insects! Maybe a few more push and I will eventually give in to it.