What apps would you recommend for exploring a new location?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
Rossy
Articles: 0

What apps would you recommend for exploring a new location?

Post by Rossy »

Hey people, you know of any apps that you have tried to get you to a location successfully? Please share some with us. They might help some of us who are new to a location to tour around freely with out getting lost. I did a quick research and found the following however I don't know how reliable they are: spotted by locals which recommends local spots that will guide you through to your destination; side kix which you just enter your destination of interest and it guides you through.
overcast

Re: What apps would you recommend for exploring a new location?

Post by overcast »

The two apps that I found helpful are - ViaTukTuk and Fieldtrip. The first app is perfect when you want to explore things through transport and want to find out new things. And field-trip is another app where you can see locations nearby. Once you start using app either one of them, make sure to get cost estimate. Often the estimates given by App are not realistic. So you may have to take help of the local people in that case. That way you'd be able to understand where your estimation can go wrong.
AccountingProf

Re: What apps would you recommend for exploring a new location?

Post by AccountingProf »

You'll need 3 vital apps when traveling to a new location:

1. Google Maps - this is the best way to find your way through a foreign place. You can even find restaurants, hotels, gas stations, coffee shops, and others that are near your location. To be sure that you can find your way even without internet connection, save a map of where your going in Google maps.

2. Google Translate - this is an important app if you're going abroad. But if you're not going to another country, simply go to step 3.

3. Web browser - you may need to research about some things. And if course, you'll need an internet browser to do that.