Welcome All to Teach Live Thailand

New to Ask me Thailand? Please come in and read about us.
Will IT
Articles: 0

Welcome All to Teach Live Thailand

Post by Will IT »

Welcome All

More and more forums are disappearing. It may be seen as a slow way of getting answers to most people, however, these people have never lived abroad. Living in a country where English is not the first language and where things are always changing without notice, it could be hard to get any answers. The expat community in Thailand is a helpful one, this will be a forum for helping each other in everyday things. Please be respectful and keep this forum clean. We look forward to building a great community and a great recourse for the expat community in Thailand and Southeast Asia.

Your Forum Moderator Will IT ;)
ballyhara

Re: Welcome All

Post by ballyhara »

First of all, thanks for the forum idea. As you said in the post, living abroad can be a very hard experience, specially if that is your first time living outside of your family nest. You miss your family, friends, home, food, and all that surrounds you is different. Sometimes when you don't have a friend to tell him about your experiences, you can share them with a forum community. Hope people feel confident and exchange their experiences here.
fishmonk

Re: Welcome All to Teach Live Thailand

Post by fishmonk »

I'm not sure if I'm welcome here but I'm from Malaysia.I'm curious to see learn about experiences for expats in Thailand. My sister's a teacher. She was offered to teach in Indonesia but rejected the opportunity because she's not ready to move out of country yet. I am back in Malaysia now after working for 2 years in Singapore.
Will IT

Re: Welcome All

Post by Will IT »

ballyhara wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 am
First of all, thanks for the forum idea. As you said in the post, living abroad can be a very hard experience, specially if that is your first time living outside of your family nest. You miss your family, friends, home, food, and all that surrounds you is different. Sometimes when you don't have a friend to tell him about your experiences, you can share them with a forum community. Hope people feel confident and exchange their experiences here.
Thank you, Yes, you said it better than me. But what makes this hard experience easier is having a community of people who share the experience with you. hence this forum :D

fishmonk wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 am
I'm not sure if I'm welcome here but I'm from Malaysia.I'm curious to see learn about experiences for expats in Thailand. My sister's a teacher. She was offered to teach in Indonesia but rejected the opportunity because she's not ready to move out of country yet. I am back in Malaysia now after working for 2 years in Singapore.
Of course you are welcome. All people that have lived and worked abroad can relate to each other. I'm sure many people here will relate to your experience as you will theirs. Welcome.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

Thanks, Will IT. I was doing my tertiary education at Singapore. Some people may say that Singapore's near to Malaysia but the lifestyle and cultural differences are definitely different across Southeast Asia. I experienced the differences when I volunteered in Vietnam and visited Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines.

Back then, I relied on the Internet (particularly forums) to learn the best traveling sites and working spots. It's not that easy so having an online resource like this forum is definitely helpful for those who are in the midst of considering to teach or work overseas.Getting reliable information is important for foreign expats so that they do not get conned into forking out exorbitant amounts for living costs.
goldlady

Post by goldlady »

Hello there! Thank you so much for being so welcoming. I am thinking seriously about going to Thailand for a year and maybe (without a little bit of luck) work as a teacher. I thought I would never find a place where I could talk to people about it. It was so cool finding this forum! Thank you.