Am I a Troll?

Not sure if you are? come in and find out
Tania997
Articles: 0

Re: Am I a Troll?

Post by Tania997 »

Very good topic. People who are trolls sometimes don't even realize it and you pretty much put everything they do in this post. I also loved the part about the grammar nazis. I'm not a native english speaker so I've been encountering these type of people all over the world. They think they are being smart, that they're teaching you something, but more often than not they're just annoying.
iyanpol12

Post by iyanpol12 »

Tania997 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 am
Very good topic. People who are trolls sometimes don't even realize it and you pretty much put everything they do in this post. I also loved the part about the grammar nazis. I'm not a native english speaker so I've been encountering these type of people all over the world. They think they are being smart, that they're teaching you something, but more often than not they're just annoying.
It's just funny when Grammar Nazis strike at you. Just because they were native speakers, they will criticize at your English being a non-native English speaker. But I just ignore them at times. As if they can understand or speak my own language. At least I can understand and speak their language, but they can't speak my language or dialect. Lol! They were just good at spotting your wrong grammar, but they cannot spot their silliness in looking for other's weaknesses.
destinedforgreatness

Post by destinedforgreatness »

I've never was asked the question about being a troll. This topic sounds very interesting. It is funny. I'm a troll, but I don't use profanity ever. I love writing. I'm an write and Christian Inspirational Poet and Author by nature. This is my first time learning about what it is and means to be a troll.
Suavecito

Post by Suavecito »

I have to admit, some of the things mentioned there were things that I have been doing in the internet in the past. Since I have studied some topics on "Netiquette" or internet etiquette, I have since changed my ways for the better. Long gone are the days when I was practically a vile internet "troll". From what I've learned from experience as an ex-troll I guess this kind of behavior may depend from person to person, like how long they have been using the internet and what websites they go to.
cubo

Post by cubo »

Reading this thread and I've realized that I'm not a troll at all. I always respect the others opinion no matter if I agree or not, everyone has their owned point of view and discussing for opinion differences is waste of time. I'm improving my grammar skills and I'd like people to correct my misspell words because that would help me to be a better writer. I don't consider myself a know-all person, I like to learn from others and share my experiences when people need a different point of view. Greetings to all.
Tania997

Post by Tania997 »

iyanpol12 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:01 am
Tania997 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 am
It's just funny when Grammar Nazis strike at you. Just because they were native speakers, they will criticize at your English being a non-native English speaker. But I just ignore them at times. As if they can understand or speak my own language. At least I can understand and speak their language, but they can't speak my language or dialect. Lol! They were just good at spotting your wrong grammar, but they cannot spot their silliness in looking for other's weaknesses.
I couldn't agree more with you. They look so silly when they point out your errors, especially if they're talking to a non-native speaker. I'd love being able to write without making errors, so pointing them out doesn't really affect me, but I would like to receive them as an advice, not as a mockery while I'm having an argument and they're clearly out of things to say.
Wizkha2

Post by Wizkha2 »

I don't think I'd be a Troll, but after reading this I think maybe I am :( . However I think everyone of us has a little troll inside, and when the situation allows it, or just for fun without harming the other, we just say troll comments. For example, I consider myself a silent Grammar Nazi, because I always hate when people write or talk incorrectly, but I never say it to them, because I think it can sounds bad or unrespectful. So I prefer to stay quiet, but in the inside I'm making all kind of jokes about it. And like me I think everyone has that troll inside. But not necessarily it makes you a troll.
juanmarcuz

Post by juanmarcuz »

Good to read these definitions of troll and these are exactly correct. Trolls may make you or break you. Those who have strong personality will actually make arguments with cyber bullies. And for me, I believe it is wise to just ignore them. They belong to another form of stupid of people. Well, calling them like that would make me like them, a troll.
HeatherAshley

Post by HeatherAshley »

Oh em! this is so my boyfriend. Haha! Though only the part of being a grammar nazi, He is very sensitive in grammar and pronounciations. He always corrects me and I cant deny that I was insulted at first but I just embraced the fact the it is for my own sake and I am lucky enough to have such a man who is not afraid to voice out what is right, not to give insult but help me improve myself. He is an intelligent person he just knows every freaking thing under the sun, and I have to admit that I really do learn a lot from him and I love talking to him since he has answers mostly on anything.
Rumu

Post by Rumu »

This is one very humored topic. Am enjoying every bit of it. When i saw the topic i was thinking, what sort of topic is this? I almost skipped pass it but then changed my mind to view it. That's a very good one i must say, you got me.

And now you've got me thinking and wondering if am a troll or not. I definitely do not fall in all the the categories or reasons stated in the post, but i found one which i ocassionally do online. Does that make me a troll?

How about those that do two or more of those listed reasons but not all. Do they fall into the category of being called a troll?

Very funny, entertaining and reasonable post i must say. Thanks for sharing and makig me laugh myself out.

I await your reaponse to my above questions.