How to manage parent's complaints?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
amitkokiladitya
Articles: 0

Re: How to manage parent's complaints?

Post by amitkokiladitya »

overcast wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am
It's not easy to listen to complaint. And not all complaints are valid either. So it's the thing that teacher has to set some boundaries. And you can see that some of the rules on what to be allowed to complain for. Because if you don't set out the boundaries then parents will blame every single thing on the kids. Not all parents can be dealt with reasoning. So setting some institutional rules often solves that problem. But it's up-to the teacher to make sure there is proper communication on that front.
I completely agree with what you said. Some of the parents are really cranky and expect the teachers to solve every smallest problem. Such parents are really difficult to handle. Parents should be made aware of the boundary line. The teachers cannot cater to every single and smallest complain. A child's attitude and behavior is a mutual contribution of teachers and the parents. Making the teachers responsible for everything is not justified.

These kind of parents must tone sent to the Principal's office. Asking them to seek help from higher authorities is advisable.
Clara1993

Post by Clara1993 »

Hallo here, Such student exist almost in all classes and personally I would rather deal with a stubborn student than to deal with a complicated parent, Just like you said they don't accept either their faults of supporting their children's wrong doing so to avoid scandals I will just try to punish a student fairly and try to fix him and if it does not still work then I'll report him to Authorities before he start to pollute other students.
amitkokiladitya

Clara1993 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 pm
Hallo here, Such student exist almost in all classes and personally I would rather deal with a stubborn student than to deal with a complicated parent, Just like you said they don't accept either their faults of supporting their children's wrong doing so to avoid scandals I will just try to punish a student fairly and try to fix him and if it does not still work then I'll report him to Authorities before he start to pollute other students.
A spoiled brat can truly damage the harmony of the whole class. He can have a negative influence on other kids. But some of the students are such that they simply don't improve. No matter, what measures we take to control them, nothing turns out to be fruitful. The condition gets further damaged when the parents are also hard to deal with. In such cases, it is better to transfer the case to the higher authorities.
augusta

Post by augusta »

If a parent come complaining, first thing is to calm him or her down especially if there's visible look of anger.Then be diplomatic about the query either you give reasons if an action is involved or outline the facts about a matter,if it about a child's behavior. But in all,I think parents complaints shouldn't be ignored. We hear them out and try to resolved the issues amicably.
amitkokiladitya

augusta wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 am
If a parent come complaining, first thing is to calm him or her down especially if there's visible look of anger.Then best diplomatic about the query either you give reasons if an action is involved or outline the facts about a matter,if it about a child's behavior. But in all,I think parents complaints shouldn't be ignored. We hear them out and try to resolved the issues amicably.
I agree that the teacher should try to calm down the anger element and listen to the complains with a note of seriousness. But there are some parents who always have some excuse or the other for their child's irrational behavior. Such parents always strive to prove themselves correct. Trying to explain the true facts to them is always a waste of time and efforts.

Teachers are also human beings. They will reach their threshold level sooner or later. And if this happens it is wise to transfer the case to senior authorities rather than to end up in a mess.