What to see in Jakarta, Indonesia

If you have questions about other places in Southeast Asia ask here.
Corzhens
Articles: 0

What to see in Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by Corzhens »

We are going to Jakarta on August 21, that's on Monday already and until now we still don't have an itinerary. This is our first trip to Indonesia and we don't want to avail of a tour guide because we are used to roaming the place by ourselves. Our main concern is the food, what to eat. Second is the place, where to go that we will enjoy. No beach, we don't prefer swimming. Our plan is a city tour like museums, temples, markets, and shopping centers. Also, what nice souvenirs to buy for giving to friends. Thanks to those who would respond. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.
SimplyD

Re: What to see in Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by SimplyD »

I am excited to see the responses to your post about Jakarta. But it seems everyone is busy with their real world since it's a weekend yesterday and the day before.
I too, would like to know those things because I would like to someday visit it also.
That would be tomorrow also when you be going there.
Please post some pictures here.
I hope someone who has been there already will respond to this.
Enjoy your vacation!
Mario Junior

Re: What to see in Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by Mario Junior »

Enjoy the Best Bars with Beautiful Views
One of my favorite things about Jakarta is the nightlife. There are great bars and amazing restaurants all over the city. My favorites, you have to visit, are Skye Bar and Cloud Lounge and Dining. Skye Bar is on the 56th floor of the BCA Building in the center and 49th floors respectively. offer panoramic views of the Jakarta skyline (the best time to visit is for sunset). Make sure to dress up nice as they have a smart dress code. You can find more ideas for bars to visit.Luxury hotels in Jakarta are like an oasis of tranquility (you can find my guide to the best 5 star hotels in the city here). As soon as you step into the lobby you can leave the busy bustling streets of the city and the endless traffic jams behind you. It can feel like stepping into another world. The Hermitage Jakarta is probably my favorite hotel of the moment. It’s a boutique luxury hotel with a great rooftop bar. As an icon of the city and a symbol of the struggle of Indonesia, Monas is a place worth visiting. In addition to the monument, you can also find The National History Museum in the area around Monas. In this museum there are many dioramas depicting the history of Indonesia. In addition to learning about the history of Indonesia, it is quite interesting to take pictures with Monas as a background. Be creative and make your own unique picture!I hope you will like that!