Tuk- Tuks like them or not?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
Pink_Turtle
Articles: 0

Tuk- Tuks like them or not?

Post by Pink_Turtle »

Hello guys!

So a tuk- tuk is a kind of taxi you can find in Thai, I'll say a very peculiar one. If you don't know what it looks like, I'll leave a picture for you to see for yourself

Some people afirm they are a way of having a great time in Bangkok, others think it can really be unsafe.
Some people say it's a cheaper way to move around the city but others have different stories after the taxi driver charge them 3 times more than a normal taxi...

I definitely think it's a experience YOU NEED to have in Bangkok.

But I was wondering: what do you think of them? do you like them? do you find them safe at all? please share your experiences
overcast

Re: Tuk- Tuks like them or not?

Post by overcast »

I am perfectly comfortable with the tuktuk. There are plenty of shared tuktuk can be uncomfortable here because you have to adjust with multiple people. And that means you have to often have physical contact and poking that may happen. So depending on how comfortable you are with all of that socializing part. I think it'd be reasonable to set some expectations while traveling through it. There are some remote routes which are worth travelling through tukruk. And the best part is that tuktuk is lot cheaper than Jeepney.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

I am impartial to the experience. I guess that one must try it at least once when they travel to Thailand. Avoid taking a tuk-tuk during peak hours
as you want to avoid breathing in the fumes from engines all around you.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

I would definitively jump on one! I have to live the experience. I've seen some reviews about them, and it looks like sometimes the issue is not the ride on tuk-tuk, but people has had problems with the driver. Some say the driver wants to ask for more money, some other say is the attitude, but all of them agree tuk-tuk is the best way to avoid crowded roads.
neiltarquin

Post by neiltarquin »

I like this. Actually it's far better than what we have in my country. I see this vehicle more stable than a tricycle. If I would be making my own vehicle, my design would be close to this.
augusta

Post by augusta »

This is also used in my country. we call it keke napep.I mostly use this when I need good breeze to my destination because of the opening that air passes through

it's always a nice experience using it.
Corzhens

Post by Corzhens »

We have taken the tuktuk just once for the experience and with the guidance of our tour guide. But we always ride in a taxi which is more comfortable with the air conditioning. We were in Bangkok twice, both during summer where the sweltering heat could kill you. If you ride the Tuktuk, you will be sweating all the time while in the taxi, it is comfortable especially if you are just roaming for the city sights. And we also have Tuktuks here in Metro Manila so it's not really a necessity for our experience.
pizzalover

Post by pizzalover »

I definitely would take a ride on a Tuk Tuk, If you are going to Thailand you should do it because it is a traditional way to transport in that country and in my opinion when I travel to a foreign country you should live the big experience. For example, If you go to Venezuela and you don't eat an Arepa or a Cachapa it is like you never were there.
Maybe a Taxi would be more comfortable but a ride on a Tuk Tuk would be a new experience for you.