What's the youngest group of students you've taught?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
TheReason
Articles: 0

What's the youngest group of students you've taught?

Post by TheReason »

My youngest group was around 8/9 years old and they were great (my patience was tried to the limit but it still was good). My oldest was 65/70 years old and they also were amazing. This proves that you're never too young (or old) to learn a language. I never had any issue with them and they learned so fast. What has been your experience with very young or very old age groups?
Last edited by TheReason on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jyy

Re: What's the youngest of kind group you've taught?

Post by jyy »

I'm not sure if they were pre-school or kindergarten, but they were definitely very young. Anyway, though, it was a situation where I taught people from that age up to adult.
Rossy

Re: What's the youngest of kind group you've taught?

Post by Rossy »

After high school as I was waiting to join college I volunteered to teach in a high school. Teaching teenagers is not an easy thing. You really have to be patient. They get mean at times and if you are a sensitive person then you wouldn't make it as a highschool teacher.
NicholasMukuha

Re: What's the youngest group of students you've taught?

Post by NicholasMukuha »

Personally, I have taught a group of students awaiting to do their finals to join high school. What I can say is being a teacher is not a career, it's a calling. I really loved the job. However, I had a problem making the clever students realise that even those who do not learn fast, also have an equal chance. You ask a question and instead of raising their hand, the just shout the answer like a chorus.

I really loved the interactive sessions, and time seemed to go by so fast. I felt so proud, when I taught them something new. You could see a glow in their eyes, an expression of happiness and contentment. Being a teacher is not as boring as I had once thought. But sometimes, they really try your patience. All one needs is to understand your students and make your students understand you.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I had always taught to young people. I had never had a really old group in the past. My youngest has been between 10 and 12 and the oldest between 16 to 17. I have to say I rather the younger ones,they are easier to manage and learn faster in my opinion. They are a bit messy but working with younger kids is way more enjoyable than working with moody teens.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

Usually, I teach kids from 10 and older, but a mom once really asked me to enroll her little kid, the girl was 8 and I was kind of worried. She was younger compared to the others, really quiet and shy girl. Fortunately the kid was really smart, she turned out to be a very good student, never complained about anything. So far, she has almost 2 years learning here, she has improved even more than kids older than her, and hope she can be a motivation for other students.
mdbree17

Post by mdbree17 »

I tried conducting classes in kindergarten, yet when I was in my student-teaching months, I handled 4th grader and 2nd grader.