The temples for a cultural experience

In for a day or a decade, what is there to do?
Corzhens
Articles: 0

The temples for a cultural experience

Post by Corzhens »

Don't miss the Buddhist temples for a cultural experience. Yeah, Buddhism is the major religion of the Thais such that I see it as more of a cultural influence than a religious one. Maybe their religion is the primary reason why Thais are meek and mild aside from the trait of being trustworthy. I have heard that being a monk for a time is the aspiration of Thais which is similar to the Hajj of Muslims. Even the women enter the monastery for a retreat of a week or two to experience the life of a monk.
Bluerose

Re: The temples for a cultural experience

Post by Bluerose »

I haven't visited the temples when I went to Thailand because all temples are under renovation during that time. I wish I could visit the temples when I visit next time.
kgord

Post by kgord »

I think it would be pretty fascinating to visit the temples. They would be so incredibly different from what we experience in the West. I did see some Buddhist shrines in Hawaii, but actually visiting the temple and finding out more of the history of Buddhism would be incredibly interesting. I see it as something that most Westerners would find interesting and culturally expanding.
overcast

Post by overcast »

Golden temple and Naga temple are two of the most popular temples worth visiting. There is also wat phra kew which you may like it. Lot of places around these temples to take images. And you can see that it can definitely bring out a good cultural experience. I'd suggest you to Wat Tham Pha Plong if possible. That is another calm place which I found worth visiting. Make sure you plan the trip properly some may end up being more expensive in some cases.
Haristar

Post by Haristar »

When I go to Thailand for this vacation I will definitely visit the temples. I always have high respect for Buddhism as its principles have brought a lot of changes to me and in my life. I have learned a lot and experienced things in a different perspective because of Buddhism. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
ColdFlameChris

Post by ColdFlameChris »

Visiting temples in Thailand is definitely one of my top things to do there. I'm fascinated with the design and history of every temple in Thailand. Hope to visit Thailand one day. I will definitely visit most of the historic temple of Thailand.
Rumu

Post by Rumu »

I haven't visited the temples of thailand to be honest, i haven't even been to thai before, but i plan on doing so very soon.

This topic has just placed a reminder of how much i crave coming to thai. I've seen so many documentaries and videos of thai places, temples of which i crave the more to visit. I dont think i'll miss it for anything when i get to thai. I think thai has one of the richest cultures and traditions in the world, not forgetting history too.