Profile photo

If you need an answer urgently please check this FAQ section.
goldlady
Articles: 0

Profile photo

Post by goldlady »

Hello there! I have a question. I just joined the forum today (I am loving it) and I would like to use a profile picture. Nevertheless, I still don't find the way to do it. I am sorry, I am not really good with computers and stuff. Could someone help me?
jyy

Re: Profile photo

Post by jyy »

Go to Profile in the drop down menu under your name (in the top right-hand corner of the forum). Next, click on the link which says Edit Profile. Finally, a thing for editing an avatar will be on the left side menu.

That's all that is needed. However, one problem that might come up is the photo size. I'm not sure how many MBs are allowed.
Will IT

Post by Will IT »

Here is a quick guide on adding an avatar to your profile.

1. Navigate to "user control panel"
1.png
1.png (12.46 KiB) Viewed 24387 times

2. Next click on Profile > Edit avatar > and choose to upload or use one of the provided avatars, then just submit.
avatar2.png (115.81 KiB) Viewed 24387 times

If you choose to upload your own avatar remember that the max image dimension is 128px by 128px
goldlady

Post by goldlady »

Oh thank you all so much for the help! I was so sad I coul not update my profile picture with a pretty avatar. The best of all is that I think your answers will be useful not oly for me but also to any new user of the forum.
SimplyD

Post by SimplyD »

jyy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm
Go to Profile in the drop down menu under your name (in the top right-hand corner of the forum). Next, click on the link which says Edit Profile. Finally, a thing for editing an avatar will be on the left side menu.

That's all that is needed. However, one problem that might come up is the photo size. I'm not sure how many MBs are allowed.
I also was trying to have my usual avatar on different sites at Postloop. However, it won't fit, when at other sites it fit.
I was trying to make it smaller and upload it but to no avail. Rather than getting those from the library, I didn't pursue attaching my avatar.
jyy

Post by jyy »

SimplyD wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 am
jyy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm

I also was trying to have my usual avatar on different sites at Postloop. However, it won't fit, when at other sites it fit.
I was trying to make it smaller and upload it but to no avail. Rather than getting those from the library, I didn't pursue attaching my avatar.
The size isn't everything. You also have to look at the correct dimensions. However, though, it might be possible for the owner to change the dimensions and required file size.