What are the good things about Thailand?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
geoffrey09
Articles: 0

What are the good things about Thailand?

Post by geoffrey09 »

I'm planning to have my vacation this Christmas and I can't choose for a place to visit, I want to visit a place that is something different from the Filipino culture. I was surfing the net when I saw a picture of a buddist temple somewhere in Thailand and I'm planning to visit it, what are the other cool things to do in Thailand?
Crissan

Re: What are the good things about Thailand?

Post by Crissan »

The food. The food here is cheap, tasty, varied, and comparatively very healthy.Warm & sunny with a few months of warm & wet. You normally get about a 6 month stretch of continuously blue skies in the dry season. Perfect for the avoidance of cold, dark, miserable, drizzly and generally pants weather like I experienced in London for 12 years.
cess_08

Post by cess_08 »

I've never been to Thailand but they say that this is known for its breath-taking beaches, its stunning temples and the modern urban sprawl that is Bangkok, it is a country where getting bored is just not an option. I am planning to book a trip next year :)
Scwcm

Post by Scwcm »

Hello thank you for helping us
Me and my boyfriend are planning thailand for a few weeks to know more about the culture also make new friends , try the food and look for adventure we heard that there a lot of beautiful places to visit and our favourite things is to see new places but we don’t know exactly how the things work over there can you give us a help just telling us what to avoid doing and on point of view which place is the most beautiful to visit
genelle

Post by genelle »

I have actually never been to Thailand but I am planning to go there, hopefully this year. My brother has been there a couple of times already and he told me that the clothes there are really cheap. He's bought us clothes from Thailand and they are really nice. Also, Thai foods are really delicious, even those that are cooked here in our country. Yum!
Steve5

Post by Steve5 »

Sometimes I imagine going to Thailand on a whim.

It's one of those places with scenery so captivating you have to stand still and close your eyes. Like feel the moment as it is. The food is tasty. So many options. But it makes me curious how they're able to make a living with it being so plentiful and cheap. It's going to be a memorable time for anyone who visits this place. Probably one for the books and photo album.
xyrelle

Post by xyrelle »

1. The people
Thai people are generally exceptionally friendly, accepting, smiley and non-aggressive. They also go out of their way for foreigners on a regular basis, and generally accept our regularly idiotic behaviour with little more than a smirk.
2. The food
The food here is cheap, tasty, varied, and comparatively very healthy. You can eat a delicious local meal for little more than $1 /50p. The range of cheap fruit deserves its own mention – wow!
3. The weather
Warm & sunny with a few months of warm & wet. You normally get about a 6 month stretch of continuously blue skies in the dry season. Perfect for the avoidance of cold, dark, miserable, drizzly and generally pants weather like I experienced in London for 12 years.
4. Driving
As the Thais do, you can get in any vehicle without any idea how to control it, and hit the road. Cool for hiring things and “learning as you go along”. The maximum fine you face for any kind of ‘driving error’ (lack of license, helmet, or know-how etc.) is usually about £3/$6.
5. Buddhism & monks
The predominant religion is Buddhism, simply the coolest ‘mass religion’ in existence. This obviously influences the general ambiance of living here and also makes you think briefly before killing mosquitoes/ants and other biting insects.
6. National Parks
There are hundreds of these dotted all over Thailand, and they are wonderful places to spend a day and/or night.
7. The islands & beaches
As we all know, Thailand has some of the most stunning islands and beaches in the world. Wherever you live in Thailand you’re not that far from a decent beach and the costs of internal flights are coming down thanks to the likes of Air Asia.
8. The cost of living
You can live like a king here and still spend about a quarter of what you’d spend in London eating baked beans and living in a dump.
9. Thai women
This has been put in a separate category not because I consider Thai women to be inhuman – as Tina has suggested below, but merely because it was the first thing mentioned when I questioned a few male friends in Thailand. I should add that I am happily married and do not look at, or think about Thai women myself.
10. What is your number 10?
What have I missed out? If you’ve visited Thailand or you live here, please feel free to suggest something YOU love about it by submitting a comment below!
ion

Post by ion »

Actually, I want to know that also. That question is still running in my head because me and my girlfriend planning to travel in Thailand or any country near the Phil. I want to know the best places or some tourist destination in Thailand. The foods also. Aside from the Muay thai I know nothing about the Thailand. I want to learn something new from them, like their culture, and their foods, I'm very excited to taste their foods.