Does anyone know the regular process to get a Thai Visa?

Find advise about Thai visa
ballyhara
Articles: 0

Does anyone know the regular process to get a Thai Visa?

Post by ballyhara »

Hello there, I was just wondering myself if anyone knows the regular process to get a Visitor Visa to Thailan. Also how long can someone stay there with that tourist Visa? Is it a very difficult process? Is it expensive? Please, if anyone can give some information, that would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot.
fishmonk

Re: Does anyone know the regular process to get a Thai Visa?

Post by fishmonk »

The Thai Visa is usually stamped on your passport upon arrival at the airport in Thailand.Alternatively, you can obtain the visa in your home country through the Thai embassy. Tourists from certain countries are given visa exemption when entering Thailand. The process is usually not difficult but you will need certain documents.The cost is an estimated USD 30.00 or so. A 30 or 60-day permission of stay is usually given depending on your country. Hope this helps.
kgord

Post by kgord »

It is always interesting and instructive to get this information. I have never gone to a country that required more than a passport, so it is interesting to find this out. I do know most Asian countries require the use of a Visa, I had no idea how much it cost though so I was glad to see this thread which contained some useful information.
SimplyD

Post by SimplyD »

Good thing, the Filipinos don't need a visa in order to visit Thailand, since it is also a country in Asia.

Besides, there are similarities between the look of a Filipino and a Thai. Even in some foods, they have the same dishes, just different names though.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

This is extremely useful information. I have applied for five teaching jobs in Thailand and am awaiting a response. Knowing things like this and learning from this forum is very helpful should I find myself there by the holiday or winter session. I know this will be an incredible learning experience for me, and I am going to use resources like this forum to help prepare me for the teaching adventure of a lifetime.
goldlady

Post by goldlady »

When I read this question I was really surprised! I did not even know that you need Visa to go to Thailand. I thought you only needed the passport. I am so thankful I found this forum and now I can be more informed about what I am goind to need when the time to go to Thailand comes. Thank you so much!
overcast

Post by overcast »

You may need to mention your country before you can get country specific process. For example, some countries have the eVisa process. So that one can apply 1 day before arriving into the Thailand soil. So if your country allows such process with treaty with thailand then you may want to take a look at that. Upto 30 days American residents can live without any Visa formality but after that extended stays require you to connect with embassy and then you can have additional days added to your stay.
ballyhara

Post by ballyhara »

fishmonk wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:33 pm
The Thai Visa is usually stamped on your passport upon arrival at the airport in Thailand.Alternatively, you can obtain the visa in your home country through the Thai embassy. Tourists from certain countries are given visa exemption when entering Thailand. The process is usually not difficult but you will need certain documents.The cost is an estimated USD 30.00 or so. A 30 or 60-day permission of stay is usually given depending on your country. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information, do you know any link with truly and helpful information about it? please, it will be apreciated.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

I found some information from these links. Hopefully, you can get the required information from these sites.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/tha ... -visa.phpg
http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/
kgord

Post by kgord »

I think if you are applying to teach in Thailand the agency that hires you should be able to assist with this as well, and hopefully expedite the process for you. I think it depends on the circumstances though and whether the school is a valid one or not. It really depends.