amitkokiladitya
Articles: 0

Re: Who is to be blamed?

Post by amitkokiladitya »

overcast wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:44 am
amitkokiladitya wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:21 am
I agree with what you said. But practically the scenario is not this. Sooner or later all of us end up in the blame game.

As far as hunting for the root cause is concerned I think it is the prime responsibility of the parents. Teachers can only act as a guide. I'm saying this because no one understands his child better than his parents. Moreover a teacher has the responsibility of many kids on his shoulders so to focus on any particular child is not possible.
I agree that parents understand the kids better. And you can see that some of the time we have to understand how we are coming across as a guide instead of outside influence. The thing is that blame games don't solve the problem. It is only meant for the conclusion of the stuff that is being around. I think we have to take some patience and put some psychology into this topic.
I completely agree to your view point. The blame game will not lead us anywhere. It would be better if we think of a valid and practical solution for this problem. Then we would be able to help the needful. Let us focus our efforts in that direction.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I do think we need to analyze the student behavior to know the problem on why he is not learning or improving at all but I know for experience that in this cases parents don't get involve that much in their children education and tend to dismiss the problem saying things like " he is not good at it because I'm not good at it" or " he is better with sports" if kids see is not a problem for their parents is not going to be a problem for them either.
Haristar

Post by Haristar »

Both are to be blamed in their own ways. If a student is not showing any improvement it is the responsibility of the tether to bring out the best from him/her. But it is also it is the responsibility of the student to listen to their teachers and make changes accordingly to improve themselves. Parents should also be supportive for the child and help in improving and stressing the importance of education and learning.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

It is hard to pinpoint the blame without understanding the specific situation involving the students.
I would say here are the list of factors which might cause the performance of the student to be sub par.
1. Student - Individual behavior might be an issue. Perhaps the student is unwilling to put in effort or has a short attention span.
2. Teacher - The teacher may not relate well to the students problems in learning. Perhaps a different approach may help to get the student learn better.
3. Parents - Does the parent notice anything with the student when studying. Is the student doing his or her homework properly. Is there sufficient attention being paid to the student academics.
These are just some issues which I can think of so far. The actual problem may be contributed by one or more parties involved.