Top 10 things to do in Thailand

In for a day or a decade, what is there to do?
Pink_Turtle
Articles: 0

Top 10 things to do in Thailand

Post by Pink_Turtle »

Hello guys! I hope you are having a great day!
After some research I found out there are so many wonderful experiences to meet in this awesome place. So here you got some of them: Have you visit any of these places? Have you done any of these?

1. The Grand Palace
This beautiful gold-tipped series of buildings is over 200 years old, and perhaps Bangkok's most famous destination.

2. The Golden Triangle
The point where the Mekong River meets the Ruak River is known locally as Sop Ruak, but to the rest of the world it's the Golden Triangle: the point at which Burma/Myanmar, Laos and Thailand meet.

3. An elephant experience
The elephant is Thailand’s national symbol and a revered animal, and there are plenty of ways to encounter or work with the animals all over the country.

4. Island hopping
Thailand has over 5,000 miles of coastline just waiting to be explored. Travel by long-tail boat and discover as many beaches and islands as possible. See Phang Nga Bay and the limestone rocks that are so famously photographed off Thailand's west coast, or island hop in the Andaman Sea off of Phuket and Krabi.
5. Hill tribe villages
Akha, Lisu, Hmong and Karen tribes are found across the north of Thailand. Take a break from the tourist trail, and spend a day or a few nights with a local family to learn and experience their way of life. Choose your tour guide wisely – ensure that they operate in an ethical and sustainable manner.

6. Festivals
Visitors are very welcome to join in local celebrations and most festivals and events offer a unique insight into local customs and traditions.

7. Floating markets
It's the iconic photo shot: the floating market, with rickety wooden boats piled high with colourful local produce. Pick a market, and arrive early to avoid crowds and bag the best bargains. Don’t forget your camera – these markets are very colourful.

8. Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi province, an area of lush forest and a haven for backpackers, has a dark past. Here, you'll also find the start of the infamous Death Railway (which links to Burma/Myanmar), and the bridge over the River Kwai. Both are haunting relics from WWII, constructed by prisoners of war. It's a chilling spot, but essential on any Thailand itinerary.

9. Ancient ruins and national parks
Thailand boasts diverse landscapes, and its national parks are renowned for their beauty and scale. You'll also find UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and superb hiking and biking trails in plenty of spots.

10. Shop ’til you drop!
From street stalls to bustling markets, you can shop at every turn in Thailand.
In Bangkok, try any of the following markets: Chatuchak (JJ Mall); Weekend Market (Sat/Sun), all day; Asiatique Night Market (riverside), open 4pm – midnight, seven days a week.
JoeMilford

Re: Top 10 things to do in Thailand

Post by JoeMilford »

I am totally interested in the markets--we just don't have this type of culture in America, and in Georgia, where I am from, and I want to experiment with new foods, drinks, and aspects of Asian culture which are new to me.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I didn't think in markets as a culture but you are right! I supposed not everywhere in the world they have it. They tend to be cheaper than an actual store and super fun to walk because you find so many different people and new food to try. You just need to really watch your belongings because sometimes they are really crowded and you could loss them easily.
iyanpol12

Post by iyanpol12 »

The Grand Palace and The Golden Triangle were the two of my favorite places there in Bangkok. They were the places that must be visited when going to Bangkok. Of course, there are lots of things you will enjoy in Bangkok, including shopping. I never tried island hopping, but it is one of my bucket list in Thailand. Would love to visit the beach where "The Beach" starring Leonardo DiCaprio was being shot.
Louis50

Post by Louis50 »

Well 10 things to do in Thailand would be.
Visiting the Grand Palace,
Mahawangchang Elephant Camp
The have a nice Thai Massage. After tha take a trip to the
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market,
then visit the Nana Plaza.
See the View from Sathorn Unique Tower.
Visit stops at Koh Phi Phi.
Next see the Ping Pong Show,
Then walk around in Thailand Traffic.
Lastly get some great tasting Thailand Street Food
BatmanWayne

Post by BatmanWayne »

This is good to know, I want to go to Thailand some day and see all the beauty that they have to offer to the world, I love to see another culture and going to Thailand would be a good experience, also I would love to go to Vietnam to see all the things that they have in there, I want to go right now!
augusta

Post by augusta »

This is why I still want to visit Thailand, I heard a lot from friends about the grand palace,the golden triangle and the island hopping.

I wish we have an ounce of all these in my green country.All the same saving up all these places to have an experience of a lifetime in my next vacation
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

that's really nice! thank you for sharing this activities with us. Eating street food should always be on the list :lol: I think that's one of the best ways to start on "new food" or food you have not try before. What's your favorite street food over there? please share with us!
Haristar

Post by Haristar »

I have to jut now googled the places and they are simply beautiful. My father had been to Thailand once and the thing he most liked was the street foods. I have dined in Thailand cuisine at my place and they are exceptional. I hope I will go and enjoy in person one day. :)
kenzenith

Post by kenzenith »

Thank you so much for this interesting thread. Thailand will be one of the countries I'm visiting soon. I have a colleague who is a Thai and I'm hearing good things about it especially the places to visit. I'll definitely visit all the places above when I visit her in my next travel. I have a week for my travel so I think I can visit those places. Does anyone know what are the good places to eat local Thai foods?