How to deal with bullies

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
Domingotarlejr
Articles: 0

Re: How to deal with bullies

Post by Domingotarlejr »

When I was a kid I also experience some bullying especially in our school. Maybe because I look weak because of having a skinny body type. What I do is I just dont mind then, because giving them your attention makes their bullying success...I just focus myself in school and beat them with my good grades
overcast

Post by overcast »

Domingotarlejr wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 pm
When I was a kid I also experience some bullying especially in our school. Maybe because I look weak because of having a skinny body type. What I do is I just dont mind then, because giving them your attention makes their bullying success...I just focus myself in school and beat them with my good grades
In my school, most of the nerds were bullies in a different way. Like they used to bully when we don't know the answer. You can see that bullies can't be dealt with all the time. often they get support from others. And only way to deal with them is make sure their support is not there. That's how many authorities handle this type of problem. But with kids and adults both situations can be lot different in that case.
TheOtherSide

Post by TheOtherSide »

When I think of bullies, I imagine of this really big person, fiery eyed and teeth grinning always ready to punch you anytime if you don't submit to their request. It's like a bull always ready to charge at you and beat you up. But it's not always the case, they come in various forms and sizes, and their main goal is to subdue you and make you feel weak and unimportant. Dealing with bullies is hard but it can be done. Now, can you make friends with them, possibly. Try every methods available and if it all fails, you can always ask your guidance counselor for help.
Dracostar1

Post by Dracostar1 »

I got picked on a lot both in middle school and high school and all I did was stood by and took it. To this day I regret not standing up for myself. You gave good advice but it is much more complex. There are times that even if you do tell it will only worsen the situation, either the bullying will get worse or the bully themselves will make up a story. Avoiding a bully can be hard because there are chances that they are in your same class. The ignoring idea could work however but the bully my try to use physical force to get a reaction. Bullying is something both children and adults struggle to handle. I think the best way to handle a bully is just ignore them if they just talk and if the use force, have a witness or some sort of video evidence to that they assaulted you first to show to adults.
jyy

Post by jyy »

A better way to deal with them is to simply project a strong image. In other words, a kid who is involved in sports or some sort of exercise is less likely to be bullied. Note, this is sort of like how nuclear weapons are a deterrent against an actual war - a thing called "Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD)".
HazelDJ

Post by HazelDJ »

Rossy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
If you are being bullied by someone, the first thing you need to do is tell an adult about it.
Bullies want to feel satisfied by seeing you go through emotional torture, if you act like they don't exist they could get tired of bullying you and just let you be.
Protect yourself from bullies. Use routes that could avoid them. Do not give them a chance to bully you as they will do it given a chance.
Avoid walking alone. Most bullies are cowards at heart, the moment they see you with someone else they get scared and won't bully you.
It is sad to hear that bullying is rampant nowadays. It is one of the main causes of suicide to young people because of emotional destruction. My suggestion on how to deal with bullies is to set in mind that you are the most special person in the world than those who bully. This is one way of keeping yourself maintain the self-esteem and this will never get you down in time of hearing bad words from others. Another suggestion is to always have an adult companion when going out of the school campus.This will deter somebody to physically hurt you.
cess_08

Post by cess_08 »

The best thing to do is to tell your parents or adult regarding the issue. Bullying is no joke and should never be taken for granted.It may bring a huge impact to someone's behavior in the long run. This is a very difficult situation to be in that needs attention to be addressed.
amad025

Post by amad025 »

I am a bully victim since my childhood days. i was teased by how I act and interact with people, with my physical attributes, the way I talked, the way I act. These trying times made my self confidence weak. but it comes to a point that I feel numb and I dont get hurt anymore. I face all the bullies thrown to me not as a kryptonite to me but a strength to move forward and used it to love and accept myself the way I am comfortable. I react with bullies still with respect and love but with authority for them to know that what they are doing is not right and unjust. they must realized that we are created equal in Gods eyes and we are all beautiful in his eyes. My advice to all the people suffering bullies just like me is to first, appreciate yourself because if you love yourself you appreciate yourself of who you do not mind anymore of what other people say to you negatively. second, go to authority to report this inhumane acts. we are all lovable and valuable :) cheer up!
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

You should try first to ignore them. If the situation persists and the bullies become more aggressive and persistent, all self-defense measures should be on the table.
xyrelle

Post by xyrelle »

If The Bully Says or Does Something to You
Ignore the bully. If you can, try your best to ignore the bully's threats. ...
Stand up for yourself. Pretend to feel really brave and confident. ...
Don't bully back. ...
Don't show your feelings. ...
Tell an adult.