Homework

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
augusta
Articles: 0

Re: Homework

Post by augusta »

parents complain a lot about excessive home work given by teachers.I think homework should be given mostly by weekend. weekdays children go home late after staying for after school lessons with a bag full of home work.No,I think it too much work for the children. They need to rest their brains.The unfortunate thing is that these kids get punished if they turn-up the next day with undone home work, when they were dead tired the previous day.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

I personally think that homework is necessary to help students grow. However, I do not encourage pure repetitive exercises among the students. I try to give some mini projects to help them have a goal and achieve the project step by step. Sometimes, learning topics does not translate to actual usage. In class, the focus should be on the concepts and homework will strengthen their application of these concepts.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

I used to send a LOT of homework and the kids hated me for it :lol: The thing is I used to do it specially when they were going to have a test, so they could practice the exercises. But then I realize the more homework I sent the more I had to check and grade later. So I still do it but in moderation. They still go a little crazy when I sent it but they know they do better in the test if they practice before. ;)
Kathy Ross

Post by Kathy Ross »

I think Homeworks should be according to the levels of the students. If all the teachers will give homeworks at the same day to be passed on the next day, it will be too much already for the kids. It will just tire them out and will not be excited to come to school anymore. It is true that it is one way of bonding between the parents and the kids when teaching them, but sometimes it also causes some frictions and arguments especially to working parents. Homework should be in moderation when there is a need to have one, better call it, reinforcements for the children.