What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
Wizkha2
Articles: 0

Re: What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

Post by Wizkha2 »

I'm from a country where moving from here it's an everyday thing, almost all of my friends have moved out of this country, I think the hardest thing is leaving all behind, your family, your friends, all the people you love. Move to another country with another culture, another people, it's like start over again in a place that isn't your home. I think those two things are the hardest things. However, if you can move to another country with all the people you love, that would be a dream come true, even like that will still existing hard things like the culture, get used to people that are used to different things, eat another type of food. But I think that if you move to another country is because you have more oportunities and will have a better future there, and this is the only thing that has to be kept in mind, all te positive things, and move on.
Ol Timer

Post by Ol Timer »

I would say the hardest thing about moving to a new country is the first three months. If you can get through your first three months then you'll be good for a year or 2. Then the hardest thing becomes going back home.
Clara1993

Post by Clara1993 »

I'm a traveller by profession, I always get to spend months or even a year in different countries and for me the hardest thing to deal with when you are in a foreign country is nostalgia, Everything you see around makes you miss home, Everything you do makes you wish you were home sometimes you even cook food From your country to try to feel closer but it does not taste the same.
Kathy Ross

Post by Kathy Ross »

Language is really one of the most challenging factors you have to consider when moving to another country. You cannot learn them overtime, it needs some adjustments and a lot of learning to make. The environment and weather should be considered also because you will not feel well if you are living in the place where it is too hot or too cold for you. Try to be prepared with that. Culturally, we easily try to adopt fast and respect whatever beliefs they have in that country. Just be very careful of the way we dress in some places because I think they have dress codes so you will not catch everybody's attention. But of course, the feeling of home sickness when you are away from home is not to be taken for granted.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

Learning the language, the culture and the idiosyncrasies. Especially as an American. We're used to so many things here in the states that when we visit or re-locate to other countries, it's a huge adjustment period.
ion

Post by ion »

Well, I think first of all is the weather, specially if you're from tropical country, and will go to somewhere in Europe or US where the temperature sometimes is negative. It's really hard to deal with that weather for months or year. The second is the culture, You need to adapt their culture forget for a moment your own culture. The language also is one of the hardest thing to do, specially for some country that there's an issue about the racism.
Gladford

Post by Gladford »

For me, adjusting to a new environment and culture. Forming a new friends is quite hard because sometimes it takes time to get them know well. Also, you have to learn their language.
xobe

Post by xobe »

The hardest part whenever moving to another country is homesick. It's not easy to leave loved ones on the other place especially if they are your family because for sure you don't have any friends or relatives on the other country wherein you can rely on. Money is not enough to have a pleasure on the other place and the important thing is you have to be safe.
jojo_1234

Post by jojo_1234 »

The hardest thing for me in moving to another country is adjusting. One could not simply cope of what is around that includes climate, environment/community, food, culture and language. This would definitely take some months or probably a year to adjust and it is not that easy. Most especially if you are coping of the things you are not used to. But at the end of the day you have to adjust and go with the flow. You don't want to feel indifferent and lost in a community/ environment that you would want to live for sometime.
mdbree17

Post by mdbree17 »

I know someone who works now in Thailand. She's a teacher there. A lot has changed. And she has a lot of pimples on her face. I think she's kind of allergic to the weather there or foods maybe. And of course, the culture is way too different than what she has been. There will be lots of adjustment. Physically, socially, mentally and spiritually.