What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
zolzarr
Articles: 0

Re: What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

Post by zolzarr »

For me, the most difficult thing is to be alone in a foreign country with no contacts. You have to rely on yourself to do everything.It is easy to adjust only if you are friendly and have the right people skills. Otherwise, you will have to learn things the hard way.
jyy

Post by jyy »

I think the disorientation thing is the hardest (for most people) cause your a "fish out of water". However, though, many people deal with the problem by drinking and others by prayer. Anyway, it's not something that cannot be overcome. Myself, I adjusted fairly well overseas (in a sense), but it took me time to get used to the food (in one country).
neiltarquin

Post by neiltarquin »

The hardest thing would be the place is so foreign to you that you don't have the slightest clue on where to go and what type of transportation to use. Especially if your going to live in a non English speaking country, that will surely be a challenge.
Bluerose

Post by Bluerose »

It's true because every country has a different culture. I've been there and I would say they have an interesting culture and customs. I love their food especially the fruits because it's sweet even the tamarind.
neiltarquin

Post by neiltarquin »

I guess the hardest thing would be familiarity of the place. This can be a challenge because your not aware on how you can go to one place to another. Especially if the country your transferring to is a nin english speaking county. A simple task of going to and from the market would be an adventure.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

I think that, for me, it is always a struggle with the language barrier and trying to understand the culture because of this not being a native or fluent Thai speaker. There are so many subtleties, nuances, and contexts which can be misconstrued because of this language learning curve, and that can make communication every day pretty difficult.
augusta

Post by augusta »

I think the most to me is leaving your loved ones and finding yourself in a strange with no kin and kith.Life could be so boring.

Secondly, problem of language, especially in a non-English speaking countries. Communication becomes a problem.

Food and cultural shock are also major problems.
overcast

Post by overcast »

There are lot of challenges. For example adjusting to the food and weather being the one at the top. You have to adjust with the change of the language. And the way people work and behave. That seems to be the case with moving to another country. If you don't like beach then you may end up having some issues with Thailand too. Because here most of the booming industry is around beach regions. And you have to adjust to various changes of weather over there. I find culture, food and the mindset changes harder to adjust while moving to another country.
cubo

Post by cubo »

The hardest thing is the cultural difference, I think, because you have to learn their habits and practically you become a child again. You have to learn their language or lingo, laws, customs and traditions. Also, the weather can be different and some people suffer when they change their environment.
JoeMilford

Post by JoeMilford »

I have experienced culture shock, and even worse, I have experienced really bad home sickness. Leaving behind friends and relatives to go to a new country was the hardest thing for me to endure. Plus, you have to figure out everything that was commonplace to you all over again, such as where to do laundry, where to shop, where to get medical attention, etc. These are just a few of the difficulties that come along with relocating abroad.