What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

If you can't find a category then this is the place to ask!
Ryza
Articles: 0

Re: What do you think it's the hardest thing about moving to another country?

Post by Ryza »

I lived and worked in Ibaraki, Japan for 3 years and it was awesome because you will be amazed at the discipline of the people.The language though posed a problem, most Japanese cant speak English and if you don't speak any Nihongo it would be problematic.
Japanese are well known for their respect for time and there was a morning I was running late and I was riding my bike to work and I accidentally hit a pedestrian.I did my best to apologize but we couldn't understand each other.I gave him my number just in case he needed to g to the hospital later.I didn't get a call that day but he texted me a few days later.Since I couldn't understand, I didn't reply and I stopped taking his calls because I couldn't understand what he was saying.Just to find out later when I asked a friend to translate that he was asking me out.Too bad cause he was cute.
A culture clash could also be something to be concerned about, there may be things that you are allowed to do in your country but not in another.So being flexible to adapt and respecting the country you are in and learning the language will make your life easier.
mariusevans

Post by mariusevans »

I think the hardest part is getting to learn new things again. And when I say new things, it's almost starting from scratch; learning the language, the dos and don'ts, where to go and what to do and all that stuff. But in the end I think it will definitely pay off specially if you were able to go one helluva beautiful country like Thailand.
itsryeandsam

Post by itsryeandsam »

[quote=goldlady post_id=330 time=1501628307 user_id=72]
Hello people! I am thinking about going to Thailand for a year, maybe working as a teacher or something else... I am open minded about it. I think the hardest thing about moving to another country might be the cultural shock. What do you think?
Yes, the hardest thing is the cultural shock. But, it will last for a month or so.. Just embrassed the culture and the tradition for you to be happy living in another country. I know the feeling in the beginning its kinda mixed feelings but, you will get used to it.
cess_08

Post by cess_08 »

Thinking to move to another country is both exciting and challenging. I always dream of traveling to different countries to explore new horizons and opportunities and Thailand is one of the countries in Southeast Asia that I would like to see and discover. The challenging part I think is how you will cultivate what you've learn from where you grew up and adapting the new changes that you need to grasp and mix up with the system.
Nemmy2012

Post by Nemmy2012 »

ion wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:53 pm
Well, I think first of all is the weather, specially if you're from tropical country, and will go to somewhere in Europe or US where the temperature sometimes is negative. It's really hard to deal with that weather for months or year. The second is the culture, You need to adapt their culture forget for a moment your own culture. The language also is one of the hardest thing to do, specially for some country that there's an issue about the racism.

In most countries nowadays though, many different languages are spoken. Particularly in America, France, Italy and the UK. Although racism can be an issue, overall in most heavily populated areas things normally go quite smoothly from day to day.
shannon214

Post by shannon214 »

I felt like i always needed to start from scratch every time i move from one place to another which is expected. The language barrier would definitely pose a challenge from the start but it's a good thing that many Thai people are able to speak the English language though. My approach to this is plain and simple , and that is to adapt, assimilate and live just like any other civilize person. Not everyone is given the opportunity to travel to another country. So why worry? Instead hangout, have fun and hookup.
anahbello1206

Post by anahbello1206 »

I think that there are a lot of hurdles when moving to another country. One of the very prominent one is the language barrier. A person must learn the language that the other country is using to be able to communicate with the residents there. Another would be culture shock. There are things that you are used to however, they are inappropriate and impolite to other culture.
Steve5

Post by Steve5 »

I think the hardest thing would be leaving your friends and family.

Let's face it. When you move to another country, you're kind of leaving your life behind. The people there will likely forget you and move on especially, if you've been gone for a long time. The few who don't might be your closest friends and family members. That's why you should be ready for the consequences of moving away for a period of time and what may be left waiting for you when you come back.
Vinsanity

Post by Vinsanity »

One thing you will face about moving to another country is definitely. Homesickness. Another is you need to adjust and cope up with their culture because there would be q difference between the ways of living in your country to everyday lives of the country where you are about to move. Moreover if you are family oriented, it will be hard for you to live alone unless you moved into a foreign place with them.
lambo-san

Post by lambo-san »

In my own opinion, The hardest thing about moving to another country is the language barrier. A person cannot learn a different language in just a single day. Thus, A person should take some time in learning the language and eventually he/she will get used to it.