Night life for tourists

So, what happened last night?
amitkokiladitya
Articles: 0

Night life for tourists

Post by amitkokiladitya »

How safe is Thailand for a tourist desiring to enjoy your the night life. An unknown place with unknown people and a foreign language can pose problems when it gets late in the night.

How safe is traveling late at night for the first time visitors? What are the precautions that should be taken so as to stay safe?
NicholasMukuha

Re: Night life for tourists

Post by NicholasMukuha »

Safety comes first in every field of life. Therefore it's something to be held with high integrity. In order to stay safe as a tourist, in Thailand or even any other place at night, I believe it's good to know where to run to incase of emergency. It's good to know the nearest police station, the nearest hospital and other necessary safety station.

It's also advisable to walk in groups. A single person is vulnerable to attack by virtually anyone, but together you can be able to watch each others' backs and fronts. It's also good to know atleast one native being, who looks trustworthy. He/ she can assist in communication with the others as well as know alternate routes to a place of safety.

One last thing I can suggest, carry only the amount of money you are likely to spend. Of course you can inflate your budget a little to cater for miscellaneous needs. This avoids overspending and any loss. The remaining should be kept safe for future use.
luri

Post by luri »

I don't know where Thailand stands when it comes to safety. Since I have never been to Thailand, I know how safe is the city like Bangkok during the night. However, from what I have heard from the people who have visited Thailand and from TV shows, especially on the travel channel, I think night life in Bangkok is great. I don't enjoy night life in pubs and clubs, but I love to loiter on he street during the night, buy things in the night market and eat street food during the night.
Dracostar1

Post by Dracostar1 »

Regardless of where you are at, you should always have some sort of safety if you plan on going out at night. Be it pepper spray or a taser. I am not too sure on how safe Thailand is at night, but when in an unknown place it doesn't hurt to be cautious. However, just be mindful of your surroundings, get to know your area a bit and try not to stand out too much.
muaaz.93

Post by muaaz.93 »

Night life is commonly quite safe in Thailand. If you are into pubs, massage centers, and clubs then Pattaya beach is the best place to hang out. The most famous place is Pattaya bear garden and for the massage, you can check out ANG healing touch.
overcast

Post by overcast »

Some city areas are safe for tourists. But some are not so safe. And if possible bring some guide or the local person with you. As they can navigate your way around.If you are planning to stay in some specific place for say 1 year or longer time. Then the best thing you can do is socialize. And if you plan on doing the short stay. Then make sure you are going with group. Because though some places are safe, you never know. Safety issues are there for some tourists. So getting drunk is not really recommended.
Corzhens

Post by Corzhens »

This is not a guarantee but I think Bangkok in general is a safe place even at night. However, I would still subscribe to the security of not going alone at night just for a little safety. When you are in a group of 4 maybe, I don't see any problem even when you get drunk as long as you don't commit any offense like being rowdy. There were the 2 of us when we tried the night life in Bangkok. However, the friendly tour guide recommended a taxi for us, saying she knows the driver can be trusted. With that, we were comfortable and it was a worry free night in the streets.
amitkokiladitya

Post by amitkokiladitya »

Corzhens wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 am
This is not a guarantee but I think Bangkok in general is a safe place even at night. However, I would still subscribe to the security of not going alone at night just for a little safety. When you are in a group of 4 maybe, I don't see any problem even when you get drunk as long as you don't commit any offense like being rowdy. There were the 2 of us when we tried the night life in Bangkok. However, the friendly tour guide recommended a taxi for us, saying she knows the driver can be trusted. With that, we were comfortable and it was a worry free night in the streets.
It is always better to play safe rather than to increase the risk factors associated with any danger. This becomes more important when we are in any foreign country with new surroundings and unknown people. I never step out alone in the day so roaming all alone in the night is completely out of question. Moreover, for a person like me, who is uncomfortable in learning new languages and new directions the problem becomes more serious. I always travel in a group or with a person capable of analyzing the surroundings.
OlaSidiq

Post by OlaSidiq »

In safety, I will rate Thailand good compared to other developed countries but you still have to be careful. I would advise you to the following in your first night: Check that the door in your hotel room is having a good lock. Can you lock the window from inside? Are there any emergency doors around you?

When you go out especially in the night make that the hotel card you have with you has both English and Thai as the language in case you take a taxi that does not understand English. Look for a better place to keep your valuable items like passport etc, somewhere that is safer than your room. Most hotels do have such things as where visitors keep valuable items.

The temperature in Thailand might be different from your country, I would suggest taking some water with you where ever you go so as to avoid dehydration. I hope you have a nice stay in Thailand. :D
nytcrawler

Post by nytcrawler »

OlaSidiq wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 pm
In safety, I will rate Thailand good compared to other developed countries but you still have to be careful. I would advise you to the following in your first night: Check that the door in your hotel room is having a good lock. Can you lock the window from inside? Are there any emergency doors around you?

When you go out especially in the night make that the hotel card you have with you has both English and Thai as the language in case you take a taxi that does not understand English. Look for a better place to keep your valuable items like passport etc, somewhere that is safer than your room. Most hotels do have such things as where visitors keep valuable items.

The temperature in Thailand might be different from your country, I would suggest taking some water with you where ever you go so as to avoid dehydration. I hope you have a nice stay in Thailand. :D
Thailand is such a great escape for unwinding good beach wind people food restaurant hotel tourist spot riding elephant is such exciting