What did teaching teach you?

Ajarns, share your knowledge and ask your questions
TheReason
Articles: 0

What did teaching teach you?

Post by TheReason »

I started teaching because I was in kind of a financial hurry. Teaching was the only available (and best paying) job at the time. I never really thought of myself as a patient person and I never pictured myself in a classroom. All those things were proven wrong as soon as I started. Teaching taught me the blessing of patience and understanding, the beautiful feeling you get when your students appreciate you and understand your teachings. It also taught me to be organized with paperwork (before that, I was a mess). Most important, it helped me discover a passion I never know I had.

What about you?
coffeebeans

Re: What did teaching teach you?

Post by coffeebeans »

Teaching is my lifestyle. I am always surrounded by children. I taught in primary school in my younger days. I have been teaching to this day, academically and building character in Homeschool Academy. It's always a learning process. Because children behave as they are in reality-- behaving as children--boys and girls-- and not to have to act the "classroom card good behavior" but as they are. And as a homeschool teacher, I have to put up with their very active, creative, inquisitive minds. We follow the rule of "justice ,respecting the value of human life, kindness, walking humbly with God."

So, my teaching and training always comes back to me as I learn from these real life situations.
iyanpol12

Post by iyanpol12 »

I remember when I was still in grade school, I want to be a teacher. We have our own blackboard at home and pretends to be a teacher. But it is not easy as I used to think. Being a teacher requires patience, and it something that I learned. But being a teacher is a noble profession, and I love it.
NicholasMukuha

Post by NicholasMukuha »

When I was a student, I hated teachers and as a result, never wanted anything to do with their career. Our teachers would try to show us how wrong we were, but it was in vain. Little did I know that sometime later in future, I would sail in the same boat, and interestingly in the same school.

In my teaching career, I learnt a lot. Firstly, I learnt class management. I learnt how to control and organize my class, in order to achieve certain objectives. It taught me how to give attention to each and every student according to their needs. It also taught me how to interact with students at different levels. This is just but a few. In fact, I learnt more than I taught, and right now, teaching is my most valued career.
Pink_Turtle

Post by Pink_Turtle »

As many of other fellow teachers commented in the past, the main thing that teaching taught me was to be patient and comprehensive!, especially with the teenager because the smaller ones tend to learn quicker than they do. It also teached me to be prepare for anything, really, this kids come up with some questions you couldn't imagine. You always need to be extra prepared in case they come up one of those unusual questions. To be more organize with the papers and fields I save for my classes. I didn't pay attention to this at the beginning and it was a mess!
overcast

Post by overcast »

The more you teach others, you will learn that there is much more to explore. You can see that kids of every new batch have something new to teach you. They can show you what's changing around you. And this means you have plenty of more to explore. Every year the group of students are going to have different social norms and changes. So you get to learn all of that. You get to learn what things changes in teaching. So there is plenty of things to learn as you teach students about it.
fishmonk

Post by fishmonk »

Teaching taught me that no one individual is the same. We have to learn to push and motivate students to be the best and yet make it enjoyable. I have seen some teachers trying to give their students shortcuts but this will impact their learning. We need to teach in a smart way and consider what skills they will need in the future. Merely regurgitating facts will not be great for students. Teaching taught me to make my students learn and ensure that they have some useful skills besides addition of knowledge.
Mario Junior

Post by Mario Junior »

Most of the primary teachers I’ve spoken to say they miss teaching art. Even those who don’t think of themselves as artistically minded acknowledge that pupils are missing out on a vital part of education and life if art is excluded. So what can primary schools do to offer more opportunities for creativity? There are a number of small improvements that can make all the difference.
Tatiana22

Post by Tatiana22 »

You learn a lot of things during this job, and firstly I think that it helps you discover yourself, your passions, your dreams and aspirations. Secondly, it allows you to go back to when you were a student, see how the kids and students are thinking, discover yourself in their problems and teach them how to solve difficult situations. It teaches you a lot of psychilogy, you learn step by step how to talk to people, especially with teenagers, and how to handle things. If you are dedicated to your job and put your heart out there, you can do amazing thinks for some teenagers who will remember you as their favorite teacher years and years from now.